Knowlton PCA is seeking a Godly Senior Pastor with the following skills and qualities:
– As laid out for our example in 1st Timothy and Titus, we are seeking someone who’s personal life is exemplified by dedication to living a holy life pleasing to God.
-Desires to engage with us in an approachable, compassionate manner and be part of our lives and part of the local community.
– Possesses a genuine, personal love of the Gospel and God, and who is eager to share that love with us.
– Counsels from a Godly perspective, and ministers to the poor in health and spirit meaningfully.
– Is a humble leader; able to work graciously with others to achieve goals & find solutions.
– Leads and cherishes his family with Christ-like love and grace.
-Is comfortable taking the initiative to meet the needs and vision of the church.-Understands his own need for grace.–
Communicates effectively and openly with the staff and congregation.
THEOLOGY AND SOUND TEACHING
-Able to preach and teach the whole counsel of God’s Word in love and humility, and with passion and conviction.
-Skilled in expository preaching that lends itself to practical application.
-Committed to helping the congregation develop a passion and love for Scripture and its application to daily life.
-Collaborates with the Session on developing preaching and teaching schedules and themes that address the spiritual needs of the congregation.
CONGREGATIONAL GROWTH & DEVELOPMENT
-Promote opportunities for congregational connection and fellowship so that members get to know, love and encourage each other.
-Provide compassionate biblical counsel & visitation as needed, involving leaders as much as possible.
-Provide training and encouragement to support church leaders and to raise up new leaders.
-Is able to communicate hard things and confront sin with humility, love and grace.
-Is able to plan ahead, communicate plans openly and wisely guide the congregation.
MINISTERIAL & STAFF LEADERSHIP
Because of our small size, a lot of responsibility falls first to the pastor – we are looking for someone who will be competent in many areas, and also someone who will be able to delegate responsibly.
We are pleased at your interest in serving with us at Knowlton Presbyterian Church. We ask that you submit the following items to the email, attention of the search committee to begin the application process: – Cover letter Resume, – Ministerial Data Form, – Reference Contact Information.