We are seeking a full-time senior pastor who preaches and teaches the Word of God, coordinates and performs pastoral care ministries, provides administrative leadership to all areas of church life, and acts as chief administrator of all paid staff.
Education: Possess a Southern Baptist Seminary degree.
- Must be born again with a clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ.
- Has been called to preach by the Holy Spirit and confirmed by a body of believers through ordination as stated in Acts 20:28.
- Will lead and serve the church in accordance with the expectations set forth in 1 Peter 5:1-3.
- Will be qualified to minister in the church as required in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9.
- Plan and conduct the worship services; prepare and deliver sermons; lead in the observance of the Ordinances of the church.
- Lead the church in an effective program of witnessing and caring for persons in the church and community.
- Visit members and prospective members.
- Will conduct biblical counseling, perform weddings, and conduct funeral services.
- Equip and assist the deacons, church officers, and ministry teams as they perform their specific ministry tasks.
- Will cooperate with the associational, state, and denominational leaders in matters of mutual interest and support the work of Southern Baptist missions and the cooperative program.
2 Timothy 4:2-Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season, correct, rebuke and encourage-with great patience and careful instruction.