The senior pastor will help Prairie Hill Evangelical Free Church fulfill its mission by providing, together with the elders, overall spiritual direction to the church.
Characteristics and Qualifications:
– Demonstrate a clear testimony of faith and a passionate devotion to Christ and His church.
– Exemplify the biblical qualifications as found in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1
– Maintain a strong devotional life of worship, prayer, and personal study of God’s Word resulting in a deepening loving relationship with Christ.
Shepherd God’s flock with a spirit of humility, compassion, wisdom, honesty, integrity, and unity as a servant-leader.
– Be in agreement with the EFCA statement of faith and minister in a manner that is supportive of God’s Word.
– Possess the ability to preach clear, engaging, God-honoring, Gospel-centered biblical expositions with relevant application to all age groups.
Education and Experience:
– Five years of pastoral experience including preaching, pastoral care, and teaching (preferred)
– Demonstrated ministry leadership
– Ordained or eligible to be ordained by the EFCA or in alignment with those guidelines.
– Master of Divinity degree (preferred)
– Oversee and co-ordinate the development and implementation of the vision, mission, core values and strategic plan for the church in cooperation with the elders and church staff.
– Supervise support, mentor, and assist church staff.
– Oversee and lead the preaching and teaching ministries of the church
– Guide and administer the core ministries of the church – worship, teaching, evangelism, community service, fellowship, pastoral care, and administration.
– Disciple, train, mentor, and develop key leaders for effective ministry.
– Model and encourage prayer in the flock and conducts scheduled prayer meetings of the church and any called for special occasions, needs, and circumstances.
– Oversee and delegate the planning of outreach activities in the community to appropriate age groups. Oversee the assimilation of new attendees and work toward creating an inviting environment.
– Listen to concerns of attendees and respond with empathy, grace, and truth. When appropriate, in cooperation with the elders, exercise discipline and conflict resolution to bring unity to the body.
– The Pastor will participate in and oversee the Christian Education of all ages. This includes Sunday School classes, youth, and adult education. – He will delegate many responsibilities to volunteers in the church.
– Lead in the observance of communion, baptisms, and child dedications. – Perform weddings and funerals.
– Oversee the pastoral ministries of the church including short-term counseling and visits in a non-intimate setting, being aware of his limitations and referring to professionals when necessary. He will be available and responsive to crisis situations.
-Create significant connections with the local community.
Build relationships and partnerships within denominational networks.