The pastor is to be the spiritual leader of the church. He is responsible to the Lord and the church to primarily proclaim the gospel and teach the Bible. He is also to engage in pastoral care, provide supervisory leadership in all areas and administrate the paid and volunteer staff.
Ministry Requirements and Responsibilities:
1. Plan and conduct worship services; prepare and deliver sermons and lead in observance of the church ordinances.
2. Lead the church in an effective evangelism program and in a caring ministry for those in the church and community.
3. Lead in an effective program of visiting members and prospects.
4. Conduct counseling sessions. Perform wedding ceremonies and conduct funerals.
5. Lead the church in planning, organizing, directing, coordinating and evaluating the total program of the church. (Church Council)
6. Cooperate with the local association, state convention and Southern Baptist Convention leadership in matters of mutual interest and concern. Represent the church in civic matters.
7. Act as moderator of the church business meeting. (Unless someone else is elected as moderator).
8. Work with deacons, church officers and committees as they perform their assigned responsibilities.
9. Serve as administrator of the paid church staff; supervise the work of the ministry staff; both volunteer and paid ministers and directors
REQUIREMENTS: Full-Time Senior Pastor
Senior Pastor who is a leader and gifted teacher with a vision for promoting spiritual growth and outreach to our community while adhering to the Baptist Faith and Message 2000. He must be passionate about serving God, our faith, our families, and our future. A seminary degree from an accredited Southern Baptist Seminary is preferred.