We are seeking a full-time Senior Pastor committed to serving Jesus Christ at Unity Reformed Church. The Senior Pastor will join the congregation in fulfilling its mission of sharing Jesus Christ with the lost, growing spiritually with the found, and glorifying God together.
The ideal candidate for this role will be marked by gifts of biblical preaching, leadership and evangelism.
Direct – Administrative Assistant; Indirect – Other Staff
PREACHING AND WORSHIP:
• Faithfully preach God’s Word.
• Lead in the administration of the sacraments with the elders.
• Plan the themes and content of the worship services, partnering with those responsible for worship and music.
• Bring biblical truth and a Christ-like example to all areas of the ministry.
• Support and encourage the prayer ministry of the church.
• Work with the consistory and congregation to help fulfill the Mission and Vision.
• Provide day to day supervision of the staff and lead meetings as required.
• President of Elder and Consistory board.
• Partner with committee chairpersons providing guidance & idea sharing as necessary.
• Emphasize evangelism regularly through prayer, preaching, leadership, and decisions.
• Support and equip ministries to; promote evangelism, develop personal sharing of one’s faith, and reach the spiritually lost.
• Model personal evangelism through connections with the spiritually lost, visitors, local outreach, and/or missions.
• Work faithfully with the consistory to provide congregational care and visitation.
• Make emergency or crisis calls as needed.
• Provide guidance and training as able, to staff, lay leaders, and teachers in biblically based education and discipleship.
• Conduct weddings and funerals as requested.
• Provide pastoral counseling for members as able and make referrals to agencies and counselors as needed.
• Provide guidance for the continuation of church leadership including the equipping of elders, deacons, lay leaders, and teachers to fulfill their roles.
• Communicate to the congregation on a regular basis on behalf of church leadership.
• Review church records and all consistory minutes to ensure they are kept in good order in the church office.
• Share in the responsibility of completing an annual membership review with the elders.
• Provide a state of the ministry report at the annual congregational meeting.
• Work with the consistory to complete the annual classis consistorial report.
• Maintain RCA relationships (Classis, Synod, General Synod).
• A believer in and a disciple of the Lord Jesus Christ, and ordained minister in good standing with the RCA Great Lakes City Classis or equivalent.
• Establish office hours and maintain a personal weekly schedule, with flexibility as needed.
• Maintain a connection with an accountability partner or partners (personal support team).
• Meet with personnel team annually for performance review & input on staff reviews.
• Bachelor’s Degree, Master of Divinity, RCA ordination or equivalent.
• Continuing education and/or training in biblically based coursework and reading is preferred.
• Background check is required.
• Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are required.
• Base Salary (per denominational salary guidelines)
• Housing Allowance – Parsonage is not provided
• Retirement contribution (11% of base salary and housing allowance)
• Self-employment tax (.0765%)
• Medical Health Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Health Savings Account (HSA) – Church contribution
• Life Insurance
• Long-Term disability insurance
• Professional Development Allowance
• Cell Phone Allowance
• Auto mileage reimbursement
• Paid Vacation Time for 4 weeks
• Paid Professional Development Time for 1 week
If after reviewing this profile, you believe God may be leading you to take the next step, we would like to hear from you. A candidate will be considered when we receive all of the following:
1. A letter of introduction including a brief summary of how you feel your gifts and ministry experiences may be a possible fit to serve as the Senior Pastor of Unity Reformed Church.
2. Your profile/resume
3. References that can speak to your gifts, character and/or ministry experience (at least three). These references will not be contacted without your prior permission.
4. Link(s) to view one or two sermons (video if able). Submitted sermons should be a good representation of your typical style/approach to preaching.
Please email all materials electronically in PDF or Microsoft Word format to email@example.com or mail them to:
Unity Reformed Church Attn: Search team 4450 Poinsettia SE
Kentwood, MI 49508
Thank you for your interest and prayerful consideration. We will confirm receipt of documents and contact candidates as we discern next steps.