- Agreement with VBVF Core Values, Mission Statement, bylaws, and ministry approach
- References that affirm character traits listed above
- Demonstration of experience in ministry such that he is equipped to the lead the staff and congregation both in day to day ministry and in strategic vision for spiritual growth of the church Responsibilities
- The senior pastor will be the primary teaching pastor, characterized by verse by verse exposition of the “whole counsel of God” through the public proclamation of the Word
- Ensure that the preaching from the pulpit and throughout the church is consistent with the mission of Verse by Verse Fellowship in his own teaching and in the teaching of others, recognizing his responsibility to protect the flock
- He will be responsible along with the elders for the development of a culture of discipleship through the ministry directors and staff primarily and also to the congregation at large
- Supervision and/or oversight of ministry and staff as outlined in the organizational chart and consistent with his gifting
- Lead by example in the areas of spiritual disciplines including prayer and participation in corporate worship
- Coordinate the corporate worship with the associate pastors and others participating in the regular gathering
- Oversee congregational care, ensuring that ongoing pastoral care, counseling, and church discipline is faithfully applied
- Promote and participate in the global church’s mission to spread the gospel both locally and beyond
- Participation in elder board activities including meetings, budget stewardship, and strategic vision development
The senior pastor’s annual compensation will be negotiated with the candidate based on experience and other factors. He will be a full time employee. Further benefits will be discussed during the hiring process.
How To Apply
Please email your cover letter, curriculum vitae, and list of references.