Summary of Role:
West Burnsville Baptist Church is prayerfully seeking the man God has prepared to serve as Senior Pastor for our multi-generational, committee oriented congregation. This man of God has been called and set apart by God for gospel ministry. He is Biblically grounded, committed and preaches God’s word with boldness. He has the ability to connect with the mission of WBBC – “Know, Grow and Go” – Know Him and Make Him Known. He is confident to lead this congregation to do what is necessary to reach the lost without compromising God’s Word. He will demonstrate a high level of confidence and competency while being led by God. He actively seeks God’s guidance in all personal and professional decisions.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
Leadership, preaching, teaching, discipleship, pastoral care, supervise all church ministries and staff. Maintain an open line of communication with all the different ministries to create unity and build strong relationships to grow the congregation, spiritually and physically. Live a life that honors God through word and deed. Maintain a passion to reach the un-churched. Be a leader that leads by example. Seek God’s will in all church related activities. Represent WBBC in the community through outreach events that may include partnering with like-minded churches in the area. Possess a desire to serve with the Deacon Fellowship in overseeing the spiritual needs of the body and the integrity of the ministry as it relates to the church’s purpose and values as well as be accountable to the Deacon Fellowship for the specific role.
- Fulfills the character qualifications and duties of a church Leader as taught in the Scriptures (1 Timothy 3 & 5, Titus 1 & 2, 1 Peter 5)
- Has the ability and desire to preach, teach and do pastoral ministry
- Possesses strong gifts of leading, teaching, administration, organization, and time management
- Is theologically aligned with WBBC’s Statement of Faith
- At a minimum, requires an Bachelors Degree from a Baptist Bible College, with higher degree considered
- 5+ years ministry experience as Senior Pastor in Church of equal size preferred , but not required