Announcement – The Willard Christian Reformed Church is looking for a Pastor, gifted both as a communicator (preaching and teaching) and leader, to help our congregation succeed in its next season of ministry.
Personal Qualifications – The Pastor will:
- Demonstrate through, word and deed, that he or she is a disciple of Jesus Christ.
- Be able to express h his or her call to pastoral ministry.
- Have a deep passion to understand and teach the truths of God’s Word, and through the guidance of the Holy Spirit, lead others to saving faith in Jesus Christ.
- Be a person given to prayer and the study of God’s Word.
- Have a desire to be present with the church and the community as an ambassador for Christ.
- Have the social skills necessary to engage and connect with the varying demographic groups in the congregation.
- Be culturally aware and in tune with how to position the church to engage younger generations.
Professional Competencies – The Pastor will be:
- A dynamic, people-oriented leader able to inspire and challenge the church to embrace and live into a renewed vision for its future.
- Gifted in preaching the word of God in a way that is Biblical and relevant, bringing the message in a way that is powerful, persuasive, engaging and contagious.
- A skilled educator effective in instructing the congregation in biblical & doctrinal knowledge.
- Talented in the work of evangelism (beyond the pulpit) to the unchurched
- An accomplished worship planner cleverly drawing people into sincere and meaningful participation.
- Preaching – the Pastor is responsible for the bulk of the preaching.
- Coaching – the Pastor will recruit, train and encourage a core group of volunteers to lead the ministries of the congregation.
- Corporate Worship – the Pastor, in collaboration with a worship planning team, is responsible for the planning and delivery of engaging, life transforming worship services.
- Pastoral Care – the Pastor will provide both pastoral care and spiritual direction to individuals in the church and community. Since this could become an all-consuming responsibility, the pastor will need to prioritize matters that rise from birth and baptism, profession of faith and marriage, life-threatening sickness, and death.
Expectations – The Pastor shall:
- Meet or exceed the requirements for ordination as a Minister of the Word in the Christian Reformed Church. (Ordained individuals from other historically Reformed denominations will also be considered.)
- Support the Consistory approved vision and core values of Willard Christian Reformed Church.
- Affirm the Constitution, Creeds, and Confessions of the Christian Reformed Church.
- Have the privilege of representing Willard Christian Reformed Church within the denomination and in the community.
- Affirm CRCNA Synod’s Statement on Marriage, Gender, and Sexuality.