The Senior Worship Minister leads in all facets of the Worship and Arts Ministry
- Follow direction of senior staff (pastor and associate pastor) for short and long-term vision for the ministry (especially related to song selection, style, volume, etc)
- Serve on the ministry leadership of the church
- Produce flow of worship & music for worship services & lead worship during Sunday services
- Direct vocals, choir, band and Technical Arts Teams for worship services and special events
- Supervise all music Churchwide and Technical Arts Ministry
- Recruit and evaluate volunteers and contractors for services
- Oversee development programs for Worship and Technical Arts Churchwide
- Cast vision for songwriting & creative direction within the Worship & Technical Arts Ministries
- Organize yearly retreat for team building
- Support the church & church leaders by agreeing with and reinforcing teaching & ministry.
- Other projects and responsibilities as needed by the church.
- Agrees with the BF&M 2000 (https://bfm.sbc.net/bfm2000/)
Job Requirements and Personal Qualifications:
Education: Undergraduate Degree and Master’s Degree, preferred
Job Skills: Highly proficient with music, theory and technical arts; Effective communication and leadership skills; Good organizational skills and time management; Creative directions; Songwriting and arranging; Must be dependable, discreet, friendly and professional; Ability to relate, love, and care for people in all stages of life; Must have a desire to help and serve others and see people reach full potential as future leaders and volunteers; A heart for excellence without losing the vision of the church.
The Worship & Arts Director supervises all Worship and Technical Arts Staff. Ministerial employees may not be away from weekend services more than one consecutive weekend unless pre-approved by the Senior Pastor in charge of the specific ministry.
Personal Qualifications: Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ with consistent evidence of fruit in their personal life; Motivated to serve God in a ministry; A pastoral heart for shepherding and serving others; A teachable attitude, especially in regard to senior staff; Ability to consistently use good judgment; Must be or become an active member of Crossroads Church.