How do you feel called to reach out to address the emerging needs of your community or constituency?
We seek to provide a “new” home for both families and retirees by being a welcoming, caring, friendly church eager to begin new friendships. We pride ourselves in being open to people from everywhere and inviting them to become part of our church and community. Our congregation is sensitive to the needs of our community as evidenced by the range of community involvement in which we participate. The following is a listing of some of these programs:
- Blessings in a Backpack—an outreach that packs backpacks with weekend food for underprivileged children.
- Christian Women’s Job Corp—we provide meals for this program that trains women to enter the workforce and realize gainful employment.
- We provide food and other basic needs for several families.
- The Presbyterian Home for Children is supported financially, and with donations of clothing, bedding, and other needs.
- We provide a lakeside Easter Sunrise Service which is well attended by the community at large, as well is our Christmas Eve candlelight service.
- Several members of our congregation participate in a summer garden that provides produce to the elderly and underserved.
- We provide school supplies and basic necessities for the “Wildcat Pantry”, a place for underprivileged children to shop at school.
Provide a description of the characteristics needed by the person who is open to being called to this congregation and or organization.
Our pastor should have an excellent knowledge of scripture and be grounded in the reformed theological faith. They should feel comfortable and connected with our church family from the very young to the elderly. He/she should be a person of integrity, accountability, and honesty, as well as punctual and committed to confidentiality when the situation arises.
He/she should use leadership skills to draw on the strengths of the people to enable us to grow our congregation.
They should convey a sense of hope and a future to our congregation, being an encourager, so that we can make a difference in our community and accomplish great things for God’s Kingdom.
Minimum Effective Salary: $50,000 (Effective Salary Definition)