PaulAnn is a rapidly growing church with a great need for someone to oversee and execute the assimilation and discipleship process of the church. Over the last two years we have watched church as we know it completely change. We are embracing that change as an opportunity to reach people differently which has resulted in a steady stream of new visitors and new believers. The Spiritual Formations Pastor at Paulann will be stepping into a ministry that is full of opportunity to reach people for Jesus, disciple new believers, and encourage mature believers to continue following Jesus and serving the church.
At PaulAnn we are passionate about reaching the lost with the Gospel and helping believers take the next step in their walk with God. The Spiritual Formations Pastor will need innovative vision, a passion for community, a deep love for Christ and discipleship, as well as a high level of ministry execution. The Spiritual Formations Pastor will oversee first time visitors, small groups, and adult ministries, encouraging people to continuously take the next step in their walk with God.
Position Title Spiritual Formation Pastor
Supervisor’s Title Staff Oversight and Missions Pastor
Position Type Full Time Salary Exempt
Location PaulAnn Church
The Spiritual Formation Pastor will work with the church team to create, enhance, and multiply opportunities for spiritual transformation from conversion to maturity including new believers’ classes, Community Life Groups, and personal mentoring. This person will direct, supervise, and encourage lay leaders and volunteers to achieve a vision of transformation, which involves a deepening relationship with God and understanding and obedience to Scripture resulting in the intentional care and service of others.
Job Duties & Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
● Oversee leadership in ministries/events associated with Adult ministries.
● Develop a comprehensive strategy of teaching, training and discipleship of adults.
● Starting Point: Oversee and enhance ministry to new believers and help them with faith formation, biblical understanding, and community building.
● Develop and maintain a plan that ensures continuous improvement and growth of discipleship group involvement.
● Foster a strong, active, growth and recruiting focused network of discipleship group leaders , group members, and individuals interested in becoming part of the church’s discipleship ministry.
● Identify, develop, and/or select curriculum and other study materials and tools.
● Functioning as a member of the church’s pastoral staff performing baptism services, weddings, funerals, pastoral care (hospital/nursing home care), and/or preaching.
Community Life Group:
● Regularly cast the vision for CLG’s to all Church attendees.
● Organize, administrate, and oversee the Community life Group structure of PaulAnn.
● Recruit, equip, release and coach CLG Coaches for the CLG’s. Work towards a goal of 5 to 1 – Group Leaders to Coaches.
● Recruit and train new CLG Leaders.
● Lead the planning and execution of a minimum of two CLG Launches a year (Spring & Fall).
● Plan, coordinate, and implement needed EQUIP classes which help adults become more grounded in God’s Word for the purpose of life application and personal spiritual growth.
● Cultivate and develop opportunities for adults to develop into leaders, serve in various ministries, and use their gifts and abilities to minister to one another and the church
● CLG Leaders, Starting Point Coordinator, Women’s leader, Celebrate Recovery Leader
● Meet regularly with Department Leads to Coach, Evaluate and Set Goals.
❏ GLG Leader
❏ Starting Point Coordinator
❏ Women’s Leader
❏ Celebrate Recovery Leader
● Give regular Job Evaluations (Quarterly) if and where necessary
● Other related duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience (must have one or more of the following)
● Bachelor’s Degree (B.A. or B.S.) preferred
● 5 years related experience and/or training preferred
● Equivalent combination of education and experience
Knowledge and Skills
● Assimilation: Vision and proven leadership experience for developing teams to welcome and assimilate spiritually curious non-Christians and new believers into the life of the church.
● Spiritual Formation: Broad knowledge of and value for differing forms of spiritual formations and discipleship needed for a diverse spiritual community of new and maturing Christians, including community small groups, mentoring, and varied forms of Christian discipleship. Specialized emphasis on reaching to and connecting with new believers is preferred.
● Communication/Teaching: Ability to speak effectively before groups of volunteers, church members or staff members of the organization. Ability to communicate spiritual truth which is theologically sound and highly relevant in compelling and transformative ways to non-Christian guests, new believers, and maturing Christians.
● Strategic Thinking: Ability to creatively implement our church’s vision, mission, and values by organizing theoretical ideas into actionable and measurable processes. Wise decision making ability regarding human and financial resources in a constantly growing church.
● Administrative Skills: Professional and capable management, administrative and leadership skills. Excellent problem solving skills. Word processing, email, and internet proficiency is essential. Ability to quickly learn and apply knowledge of current church software.
Licenses, Registrations, and Certificates
● Pastoral Credentials
● Current Driver’s License
● A passionate Christ-follower who is spiritually mature, trustworthy, humble, and teachable.
● Meets the qualifications of church leader as set forth in God’s Word (1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9 and 1 Peter 5:1-4).
● Feels a strong calling to spiritual formation, development, and mobilizing of Christians.
● A collaborative team player who thinks strategically for the whole church, across ministries and generations, not just within their own ministry.
● An engaging communicator who is relational and listens well.
● Action-oriented, great work ethic, responsible, organized, thorough.
● Regularly attends weekend services and is involved in a CLG.
● Agreement and commitment to the theology, mission, values and worship culture of PaulAnn.
● This position may require long periods of standing
All employees of PaulAnn are at-will, as such, are free to resign any time without reason. PaulAnn likewise, retains the right to terminate an employee’s employment at any time with or without reason or notice.
Interested applicants please send letter of introduction and resume via email. Please include links of preaching videos and social media if available.