Do you have a heart for helping students grow in their relationship with Jesus? We are currently seeking applicants for a new staff member that will oversee our 6th-12th grade student ministry.
HOW TO APPLY
• Visit www.werfcc.com/jobs
• Fill out questionnaire
• Email your resume, cover letter and any additional materials (examples of you
preaching, teaching materials, etc…).
• A member of our search team will reach out to you to inform you of the next steps.
The primary purpose of the Student Minister is to develop and implement a student
ministry for 6th–12th grade that introduces students to Christ, disciples them to know Christ
and trains them to serve Him with their life. Of equal importance is to assist and empower
parents/guardians in raising their teenagers to be spiritually mature disciples. In accomplishing this mission, the Student Minister will work together with all other staff and
leadership and will fully support all the ministries of FCC.
• An intimate relationship with Jesus Christ and a foundation to their faith that aligns with the views of our church.
• Passionate heart for students and their families.
• Gifts of leadership, teaching and administration.
• Shows a faithful pursuit of leadership characteristics listed in 1 Timothy 3.
• Possess strong computer skills competency and ability and desire to learn and implement new technologies as needed.
• Self–motivated with strong personal time management and a commitment to excellence.
PHILOSOPHY OF MINISTRY
• Be a leader who is both a team player and a team builder, working effectively with staff, students, parents, and adult volunteers.
• Assist in the spiritual, emotional and personal development and spiritual maturity of
students by working with parents to understand and help them meet the needs of their children beyond youth ministry.
• We want someone who can develop relationships in the community to build a bridge from students into today’s culture with the gospel.
• Support a holistic approach to Student Ministry that can be a part of the broader ministry of the church.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Ministry Program Oversight
• Develop and provide diverse programming for students that points toward and encourages three main environments of growth: Spiritual Life, Group Life, and Ministry Life in coordination with the other ministries of FCC. This could include but is not limited to worship services, Bible studies, camps, conferences and retreats, discipleship groups, mission opportunities, and outreach events.
• Provide oversight, encouragement, and empowerment of students and the adult volunteers in the ministry.
• Be involved with, as much as possible, the personal lives of the students (directly and through adult volunteers).
• Create and maintain open communication with parents/guardians.
• Assure proper care of facilities used by student programs.
• Assist with preaching to allow you to connect with our whole congregation. (2–6 times per year).
2. Leadership Oversight
• Build and maintain a team of adult volunteers who will build relationships with students and serve as the “frontline” of ministry. Work under an Ephesians 4 model leading out by: recruiting, training, and retaining.
• Work with staff and elders in helping create a vision for the congregation as a whole.
• Help develop leaders within the student body.
• Determine curriculum for teaching students.
• Counsel, advise, and provide resources to students and parents.
3. Administrative Oversight
• Maintain an organized, balanced program throughout the year coordinated with other ministries and events at FCC.
• Assure roles and responsibilities for all events are delegated and understood by adult volunteers and students.
• Communicate with staff, parents, and students in a clear and timely fashion.
• Determine and manage Student Ministry budget, including as many plans for the year as possible.
• Establish and maintain a philosophy of student ministry with clear goals and objectives.
• Student Minister, under the guidance of the Senior Minister, will meet monthly for prayer, support and accountability with goals and objectives.
• Take advantage of professional development opportunities.
• Attend weekly staff and many other leadership meetings for prayer, communication, and planning.
• Position is full time, with salary package determined based on education and years of
experience in ministry, with a range of $40,000–$47,500.