The role: This position is to be of service within a vibrant congregation to cast and carry out the vision and mission of the Youth Ministry for the ages of 12 – 18, within A New Beginning Church through teaching and Christ led leadership.
The Youth Pastor will:
- Be a visionary leader who casts, carries out, and communicates the vision and mission for a strong and thriving youth ministry through teaching and Christ led leadership.
- Lead, encourage and ensure that staff and volunteers present scripturally accurate teaching, with a primary focus on each child’s personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Research and evaluate curriculum and lessons on a regular basis to ensure materials presented adhere to the beliefs and vision of A New Beginning Church.
- Integrate the youth ministry into the overall mission and vision of the church.
- Recruit, train and oversee Youth Ministry staff and volunteers to advance the welcoming atmosphere and culture of service at A New Beginning Church.
- Cultivate and empower next level and future leaders of A New Beginning Church through personal relationship building of the entire youth ministry team.
- Ensure initial and continued training and discipleship of the youth ministry staff and volunteers.
- Advocate family discipleship with A New Beginning Church’s youth ministry.
- Focus on the assistance of parents in the discipleship of their children.
- Ensure the youth ministry, together with family discipleship, maintains an environment that nurtures a child’s heart, mind and soul with passion for God.
- Ensure the database, security, and check in processes are enhancing the overall ministry goals and experience.
- Develop and maintain creative and safe youth ministry spaces and environments.
- Establish and monitor annual budget for the youth ministry.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor.
What you bring: The ideal candidate for this position will have a bachelor’s degree in a related field and experience commensurate with the position requirements. The candidate must have substantial knowledge and understanding in Biblical interpretation, youth development, and religious educational theory and practice.
Personal Characteristics: The candidate needs to have a personal, active, and growing relationship with God, who is actively pursuing his or her call to youth ministry. Furthermore, the candidate will exhibit a lifestyle that is consistent with the Word of God and vision of A New Beginning Church. Physical capability to sustain rigorous activity in line with overseeing the youth ministry is required. The candidate must also have an outgoing and energetic personality. The candidate should also ensure responsibility and accountability over church resources, as well as be able to maintain confidentiality where appropriate.
Salary: Starting at $35,000 and D.O.E.