Houston River Baptist Church had a position available for a full-time Student Minister.
- Have a specific call from God for student ministry.
- Meet the biblical qualifications for an elder outlined in 1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-9; and 1 Peter 5:1-4.
- Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree in biblical studies or a related field. Extensive ministry experience can be substituted.
- Lead and organize an effective youth program implementing fellowship, worship, biblical teaching, discipleship, and evangelism, as well as, ministry and mission opportunities.
- Create fun and meaningful opportunities for all youth to connect and grow together.
- Provide clear, weekly communication to youth and parents of events and activities.
- Explore and implement outreach events to connect students and families in the local community to our church family.
- Foster cross collaboration between ministries and area churches.
- Train, disciple, and facilitate the creation of a leader for college/career age group.
- Ability to facilitate all areas of student ministry including music, praise bands and leading worship.
- Able to plan, motivate, and implement changes necessary to achieve the vision.
- Maintain one-to-one contact with individual youth, with an emphasis on reaching not just the youth, but their entire family.
- Proficiency in technology tools and social media to connect to young people.
- Ability to coach and challenge youth as they explore and grow in their faith through shared experiences including retreats and missions.
- As the student ministry grows, begin the process of separating middle school and high school student activities so that each group can pursue spiritual maturity at their age levels.
- Function as a member of the church’s pastoral staff performing baptism services, weddings, funerals, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Grow HRBC student ministry in meaningful ways.
- Attend all worship services and staff meetings on a weekly basis.
- Maintain regular office hours Monday through Thursday.
- As part of the ministry staff, make home and hospital visits as needed for our students.
- Present ministry updates and goals for the coming year to the Pastor and Personnel Committee.
- Participate in a mid-year and annual ministry performance reviews by the Personnel Committee.
- Present an annual student ministry budget proposal.
- Stay current with student ministry practices by reading, attending youth leadership conferences, etc…
- Support the HRBC staff.
- Support all HRBC missions and ministries.