The Student Ministries Assistant Pastor will support and co-labor with a Student Ministries Pastor to guide students and families to experience God’s love, grow in community, and serve with compassion. This role will be a primary support to Junior High or High School Pastor depending upon gifts and experience. Through programing and events both physical and online, this role will attract, relate, connect, grow, equip, and multiply students so that we might see God’s hope transform our students, our schools, and our families one story at a time.
- Love for God, Scripture, and the Church
- Committed to the Vision, Mission, and Values of Hillside
- Growing in humility
- Able to smile and laugh
- Collaborative Team Player
- Willing to engage in accountable relationships
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- An intentional relationally focused role with Junior High and/or High School Ministries (combined 280-350)
- Meets weekly with area specific Student Ministries Pastor (Junior High or High School)
- Meets weekly with larger Student Ministries Team
- Organizes and creatively communicates announcements in large group gatherings
- Occasionally teaches/preaches in Student Ministries gatherings
- Oversite for set up, games, and a welcoming safe environment for weekly large group gatherings
- Coordinates portions of media element for weekly gatherings both on Rancho Campus & Online
- Organizes small groups and recruits and supports volunteers who lead groups (Junior High or High School)
- Recruit, develop, and assists student leaders
- A presence at local schools and sporting events, theater, and rally events – to support students
- Assist in strategic communication with parents, volunteers, and students
- Helps create a culture where Student Ministries serve at Hillside Church throughout the week
- Assist Student Ministries Pastor/s design yearly calendar of events and programing
- Input and update calendar events into necessary communication tools
- Assist Student Ministries Pastor/s towards outreach, evangelism, decision making, and baptisms
- Crisis response, support and counseling for students and families
- Joins Student Ministries Team on camp and retreat planning and details
- Lead weekly student leadership meetings with assistance of Ministry Lead Pastor/s
- Contributes meaningful and shaping content to Hillside Student Ministries social media platforms
- Work in collaboration with Kid’s Ministry Team
- Work in collaboration with Young Adult Ministries Team
- Broader responsibilities at Hillside Community Church weekend gathering and other larger events
- Participate in Hillsides larger online engagement strategy and efforts
- Other duties as assigned
A WIN LOOKS LIKE…
- Students are coming to know and follow Christ and are being discipled on how to follow Jesus
- Parents are communicated with well and are equipped and supported to lead their students towards Jesus
- JHM and HSM Evening Gatherings are attracting and impacting a diverse body of students on a weekly basis
- Students and Volunteers are integrated and impacting and serving the larger church
- Student Ministries team (staff, volunteers, and student leaders) feel equipped, cared for, and developed
- Hillside Student Ministries serving at Hillside, locally, and globally
- Families are supported, developed, and encouraged to follow Christ together
- Students are known and are relationally involved in both physical and online opportunities
Education and/or Experience
- Preferred College Degree
- Preferred Higher Education in Youth Ministry, Theology, Biblical Studies, or Christian Education.
- Two to Five years of Student Ministry experience in a larger church setting.
Required Technical / Other Skills and Abilities
- Proficient in Google Apps., Planning Center, Asana, Microsoft Office, Word and Excel.
- Leadership, initiative, and strong administrative ability.
- Knowledge of procedures and theory in the field of Biblical interpretation, Christian Theology, spiritual care, pastoral counseling.
- Ability to balance a variety of tasks and demands.
- Excellent organizational, managerial, problem solving, oral and written communication.
- Self-awareness, interpersonal skills, humility, flexibility, collaboration
This position has access to confidential (Planning Center – personal data base, credit cards, potential medical records for trips)