Student Ministry Associate, non-ordained, male position
Working under the leadership of the Pastor of Student Ministries (PSM), the Student Ministries Associate (SMA) will be involved in the planning and implementation of various programs in the junior high and senior high ministries. His primary purpose is to point students to Jesus: through weekly, monthly, and yearly programs, trips, and retreats; and in developing gospel-centered relationships with students, parents and leaders and volunteers. Through these various forms of ministry, he will be an instrument of God’s grace in the lives of students.
1. Under the oversight of the PSM and in partnership with the student ministry team the SMA will plan, implement, and lead various avenues of ministry to students, parents and other leaders.
• Plan and execute ministry programming for students in a variety of formats and contexts within the student ministry
• 1) Plan, execute, and teach during weekly programming, such as but not
limited to Sunday school, Wednesday night youth group, other small groups
• 2) Plan and execute seasonal programming, such as but not limited to
retreats/conferences, mission trips, service projects
• 3) Plan and execute occasional programming: such as but not limited to
fundraisers, banquets, special events
• 4) Provide helpful and godly leadership and direction during programming as necessary
• Seek intentionally formal and informal venues for discipleship and relationship building with students through routine and weekly contact work with students
• Assist the PSM to recruit, develop, and train student ministry staff, interns, volunteers, and student leadership as needed
2. Under the oversight of the PSM and in partnership with the student ministry team the SMA will engage the families in the church on behalf of student ministry.
• Cultivate appropriate parental and volunteer participation in student ministry
• Meet with and be available to parents for encouragement and prayer
(1) When a pastoral issue arises in meetings with students or parents, the SMA will debrief with the PSM
3. Begin formal training for pastoral ministry.
• Start taking seminary classes in preparation for gospel ministry
• (1) The SMA may work on seminary courses up to 10 hours a week a during normal hours in coordination with the PSM.
• Come under care of Covenant Presbytery as an intern in preparation for gospel ministry
• Undergrad Degree & 2 Years of full-time vocational ministry
• Additional ministry training is a plus (RUF, RYM, Seminary)
• Pursuing seminary and ordination in the PCA
• When opportunities arise, the SMA may work on tasks for his Presbytery Internship that fall outside of IPC Student Ministry, with the approval of the PSM. Attend Presbytery meetings as requested.
• Hours: forty-five hours a week Salary: Commensurate with experience
• Benefits and other clarification: health insurance, vacation is subject to the current IPC Employee Handbook, seminary tuition
• Expenses: this position has authority to spend the appropriate staff ministry expense line
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume, along with any questions about this position, to Brad Robson, Pastor of Student Ministries Via email.