Be an essential part of the team focused on making young disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world in this fast-paced, Part-time position as Student Ministry Director. This position will lead the student ministry team; recruit, train and deploy great unpaid servant volunteer teams and leaders; and partner with parents to grow strong middle and high school young followers of Jesus Christ.
Position: Student Ministry Director
Accountable to: Executive Pastor
- Professes Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- Commitment to personal spiritual growth and healthy lifestyle.
- Considers this position a ministry, not just a job.
- Practices healthy relational boundaries and fiscal integrity.
- Models standards and expectations of staff members within Trinity UMC including membership and worship attendance, life group participation, lifestyle of tithing and generosity, and faithfully serving out of your call and giftedness.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in education or spiritual formation or equivalent professional experience preferred
- Proven track record of success in a student ministry position
- Track record of successful recruiting/equipping/deploying servant volunteer leaders and teams
- Volunteer staff supervisory experience with a multi-member team
Skills / Qualifications:
- Able to assist in providing vision and direction for student ministry
- Self-starter that is able to work independently under minimal supervision
- A demonstrated passion and commitment to the spiritual growth of students
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate, inspire, equip and encourage servant volunteer teams and parents
- Strong overall written and spoken communication skills
- Strong speaker/teacher that connects with students
- Systems thinker, planner and implementer
- Ability to work as part of a “get it done” church staff team
- Student of lifestyle issues and cultural trends
- Provide vision, leadership and oversight for student ministry leaders
- Supervise the student ministry (mentor, coach, set performance objectives and goals)
- Develop/implement innovative discipleship opportunities and growth from grade 6 to grade 12
- Customize student curriculum using the Orange strategy
- Build relationships with parents, providing support and equipping them for discipleship within the home.
- With student ministry leaders, recruit, equip and deploy strong servant volunteer leadership teams who will help students grow into followers of Christ through special events, large group experiences and small group activities
- Create intentional outreach events and opportunities and ensure the development and deployment of follow-up processes
- Develop communication strategies that keep church families informed and inspired about spiritual growth opportunities for students
- Build radical hospitality into all aspects student events and weekend experiences.
- Identify and deploy mission opportunities across all age demographics (including intergenerational).
- Oversee the student ministry budget and expenditures.
- Be a student of the culture, attend applicable training and be proactive in researching, reading, and learning about/from other successful student initiatives
- Job Type: Part-time (Exempt salaried position)
- Salary: $20,000