Reports to: Clergy Associate for Family Ministry
Duration: Contract for one year with the ability to renew
Compensation: Competitive stipend and free room and board if full-time
This one-year paid fellowship provides a space to gain practical youth ministry skills. The fellow will: plan, coordinate, and deliver program activities for the youth ministry with the aim of bringing middle and high school students to faith in Jesus Christ and into growth and service as believers; work closely with the director of the student ministry to meet ministry objectives; help develop and lead a strong group of adult volunteers to disciple and serve this age group; work directly in outreach and discipleship with middle and high school students; plan and carry out special events; help maximize the effective use of resources and track ministry results; provide administrative support and coordinate a variety of details to ensure smooth operations of the office and programs; and be part of the family ministry team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Implement and support department’s ministry plans – Assist director in planning and carrying out youth ministry to build relationships to evangelize and disciple students. Speak, lead Bible studies, train ministry volunteers, pray with students and their parents, and manage activities. Suggest/initiate program improvements. Serve as leadership contact for interested students, parents, volunteer leaders, and others as required and maintain effective relationships and communication. Ensure plans and projects are sufficiently supported with volunteers, staff, technology, facilities, and communications. Plan and provide communication to/facilitate positive relationships with all key groups, which may include students, family members, vendors, venues, and other Holy Trinity departments. Assist with budget tracking and financial management. Track ministry results and provide reports as requested by Director of Student Ministry or Clergy Associate for Family Ministry.
2. General admin & materials and communication – Handle office operations and routine support such as copying, mail, phone support, supplies, coordinating communications, meeting planning and attendance, scheduling, recordkeeping, maintaining files, and keeping the work area organized and secure. Take actions to track, coordinate, update and make available various resources such as the weekly email newsletter, print materials, website updates/social media, information in weekly bulletin, presentation resources, and results tracking. Facilitate communication needs by tracking project requirements and deadlines, producing or drafting informative content.
3. Coordinate volunteers – Recruit, develop, and direct adult volunteer leaders, building relationships, encouraging growth in faith, and developing their skills for effective youth work. Inculcate the vision and philosophy of ministry set out in youth ministry mission/vision.
4. Special events/meetings – Coordinate special events, trips, and regular meetings for the youth ministry including planning, communication, scheduling venues/services required, defining and filling volunteer needs, event support, interacting with youth and parents, and clean-up.
● Minimum of 1 year of experience serving in ministry programs, or professional equivalent
● Relevant coursework; bachelor’s degree preferred
● Knowledge of the needs and concerns of middle and high school students
● Experience planning events
● Basic office technology skills required: database, website, spreadsheets, and social media skills highly preferred
● Satisfactory background check
ABOUT HOLY TRINITY ANGLICAN CHURCH
We are an evangelical, Anglican congregation in Raleigh. We affirm our belief in historic Christianity as revealed in the Scriptures and summarized in the three Creeds (the Apostles, the Nicene, and the Athanasian) and the Thirty-Nine Articles. Our vision is to proclaim, exalt, and serve the Lord Jesus Christ. Learn more about who we are and what we believe at https://htcraleigh.org/about/what-we-believe/.
For more information, please see the Holy Trinity website (www.htcraleigh.org).