The Soul City Students Director will provide vision, leadership and oversight to Soul City Middle & High for students 6th-12th grade. They will serve as the primary shepherd of students, programming relevant and transformational Sunday morning experiences with relevant biblical teaching and small group discussions.
This person will also innovate around new ministry offerings that help Soul City reach students that are outside the walls of the church. This person must be able to lead with vision while also being in the day to day life of the ministry, meeting with students, communicating with parents, planning for events, training leaders.
In the Summer Camp Director Role, this person leads Soul City’s 8 week, 5 day a week summer camp June through August and all of the planning leading up to it. This includes determining the creative direction, programming and curriculum development for preschool, elementary and junior high experiences, hiring and training a staff of camp counselors, overseeing the marketing and registration of camp, communicating with parents, and daily problem solving that comes with having kids onsite for 8 hours a day.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES- STUDENT DIRECTOR
Recruit and develop a team of volunteer leaders to shepherd students. Provide proper vetting of leaders as well as training.
Plan and produce student worship services that include biblical teaching and small groups.
Work in partnership with the Family Pastor to provide a strategic pathway for families as their kids grow up at Soul City.
Take students and leaders on a winter and summer retreat.
Plan regular connection events in the community, focused on reaching students beyond the walls of Soul City Church.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES- CAMP DIRECTOR
Set the vision and direction for camp programming with family ministries team.
Recruit, hire and train camp co-directors & staff to execute all aspects of camp.
Provide daily oversight and communication with parents.
Provide an excellent family showcase experience every Friday.
Plan a bridge back to Soul City Church for new families.
Estimated split of hours between roles per week
* Building Effective Teams-creates strong morale, defines success for the whole, fosters open dialogue, creates a feeling of belonging
* Customer Focus-dedicating to meeting expectations of kids, parents, volunteers. gets first hand information, gains trust, acts with customers in mind.
* Managing Vision and Purpose-communicates a compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose, talks beyond today, inspires and motivates entire ministry
* Managerial Courage-doesn’t hold back things that need to be said, provides timely positive and corrective feedback to others, faces up to people problems on any person related situation
* Creativity-comes up with new and unique ideas, tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming meetings
Student Ministry/Children’s ministry
Leading and training volunteers
Teaching & casting vision
College degree preferred
POSSIBLE SPIRITUAL GIFTS
Reports To: Family Pastor
Category: Full Time Staff