Seeking a motivated, energetic, spiritually-minded man of God, eager to build relationships with students and help cultivate a deep understanding of what it means to be a disciple of Jesus Christ.
Central Baptist Church of Warner Robins, Georgia is seeking a full-time Student Pastor. Central Baptist Church is located in the heart of Georgia. Our church community of about 1000 is a diverse group of people living in the city of Warner Robins and surrounding communities. The fulltime staff consists of five pastors, three ministry directors and the Executive Director. At varying levels of full and part time we have seven administrative staff, and three facilities staff. Staff and church members are dedicated to using all of the church’s resources to make, mature and multiply disciples of Jesus Christ.
CBC is a multi-generational church that is committed to its students and is seeking a leader who can lead the student ministry. Our church averages 900 in worship with two worship services (blended, leaning traditional and contemporary respectively) and the student ministry averages 50 students with a strong desire to grow.
We desire someone with experience in student ministry leadership who will be able to build a team of parents and volunteers to create an exciting faith community that leads students from where they are to where God wants them to be.
The Student Pastor will be directly responsible for:
- Building relationships with students and parents of students from 7th to 12th grade and continuing on into their early 20s
- Helping students connect with God and with each other
- Developing a strategy for growth in missions and ministry in the Student Ministry
The Minister to Students is to work under the direct supervision of the Lead Pastor.
II. Principle Function:
The Minister to Students is responsible for the total operation of the Student Ministry. He is responsible for an atmosphere of excellence in everything done by the Student Ministry while simultaneously developing a comprehensive program of education and activities for all middle school (7-8) and high school students (9-12). This effort needs to continue into the student’s early 20’s with a goal of transitioning them into adulthood.
- Total responsibility for Bible study, fellowship opportunities, summer camps, discipleship, & mission programs for student ministry. This includes but may not be limited to recruiting and training leadership, selecting curriculum, submitting budget requests, ordering materials, and staying informed about current student ministry trends.
- Planning of all events/ministries related to student ministry in coordination with other ministries of the church.
- Visit hospitals on assigned days and perform needed pastoral duties related to Student Ministry.
- Counsel with students and their parents.
- Lead in developing a strategy for growth in the student ministry.
- Lead in evangelistic outreach and to train students to share their faith.
- Properly maintain your personal walk with the Lord through Bible study, prayer and accountability.
- Oversee assigned committees within the organizational structure of the church.
- Any other duties assigned by the Lead Pastor.