The primary responsibilities of the full-time worship and discipleship Pastor are to lead the music ministry and small group/discipleship ministry at PBC. This person is directly accountable to the Senior Pastor.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Continue to grow and mature in Christ as a Godly person of integrity.
- Demonstrate leadership in being able to disciple those in your sphere of influence while enabling the worship and discipleship ministry to grow.
- Provide leadership, vision, and passion for PBC in the area of music and discipleship ministries.
- Coordinate with the Senior Pastor to create and lead engaging worship services. This includes leading the music ministry, recruiting and developing a worship team, and scheduling vocalists. Responsibilities include preparation for and leading rehearsals, as well as consulting with the Senior Pastor to coordinate the music for the services.
- Proficiency in leading worship with a strong vocal ability. Capable of leading with a musical instrument preferred, but not required.
- Lead and or participate in the planning and implementation of church programs.
- Provide discipleship and fellowship opportunities to all who serve on the worship team.
- Evaluate AV quality for both in-person and live stream services and communicate regularly with the audio and video technicians.
- Develop worship gifts from within the church body, the local community, and local Universities.
- Regularly promote, recruit, and audition new members for the music ministry.
- For seasonal occasions, direct an adult choir, drama team, praise team, and praise band.
- Oversee and coordinate the small group / discipleship ministry within the church.
- Identify, develop, and disciple small group leaders from within the church congregation.
- Work with the Senior Pastor to identify and respond to discipleship needs.
- Ensure the small group ministry is promoted within the church and community.
- Work with the Senior Pastor to develop small group study material weekly based on the sermon theme.
- Develop, build, and grow a small group ministry that allows the church members and the community to grow closer to each other and deeper in their faith.
- Either currently a member of PBC, or willing and qualified to join the membership of PBC upon hiring in full agreement of our statement of faith.
- Develop and administer an annual budget for the worship and discipleship ministries and providing regular updates.
- The Worship and Discipleship Pastor will be an active member of church leadership team.
- The duties associated with this position will take no less than 40 – 45 hours per week.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
TALENTS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong sense of calling and identity in Christ, seeking the guidance of the Holy Spirit in all things.
- A person of integrity within his family, church and community.
- Stable, maturing Christian that will demonstrate God’s love to all.
- Strong leadership, administrative, and organizational skills.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Dependable & consistent in performing their duties and assignments.
- Please submit your resume in PDF form, including 3 references, to the email address.
- Please use “Attention Worship Leader Search Committee” as the subject line of your email.
- Also, please include links to any social media platforms to which you post, blog, or post photos.