We are seeking a lead worshiper whose love for Christ is contagious, and who can develop our worship bands to greater joy and impact. The right person is eager to create an environment where we express love to God for who He is, what He’s said, and what He has/is doing! They may have 3 to 5+ years in Worship leadership (or equivalent) and are ready to lead worship/tech team members in high quality music & media for Sunday services. Our growing multi-generational church of 250 unites around the mission to build people of any starting point into devoted followers of Jesus. In 2020 we are transitioning back to two services, with an eye toward reaching next generations in our more Modern service. Worship is more than music, but we are moving toward meaty, God-centered songs by artists like Chris Tomlin, Elevation Worship, Passion, Kari Jobe, Northpoint, Phil Wickham, as well as some classic hymns redone in fresh ways. The Worship Director reports to the Lead Pastor, is supported by the Board & worship teams, and functions as an integral part of our Staff Team. This position could reduce to 30 hours for the right person. We believe that God’s call flows from Character, Commitments, and Chemistry:
CHARACTER – “Do not let anyone look down on you…but set an example for the believers in speech, life, love, faith & purity” (1 Tim 4:12 / Titus 2:7). Being a ‘mold’ in attitudes and patterns that God presses others into. A desire to do all things by prayer and the Word of God, with Christ the center of it all.
COMMITMENTS – tender devotion to relationships & tough devotion to our Mission. A growing relationship with Jesus, LifeGroup, family “Remain in me, and I will remain in you.” (Jn 15:4).
CHEMISTRY – contributing to an atmosphere of love, teamwork, & enthusiasm for outreach. Upholding the Vision, Values, & teaching that unite us. “Be devoted to one another in love. Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord!” (Rom 12:9-10).
CORE RESULTS – in addition, these competencies will be keys to your success:
- Make Christ the center & delight of Worship gatherings.
- Genuineness & effectiveness as a worship leader with music and transitions that connect
- Build a thriving Worship Team with healthy relationships & dependence on God. We will support this!
- Smooth flow of services that limits distractions. Not performance or pep rally but encounter with God!
- Design the visual presentation of services, and/or train others to do so
- Skilled use of Planning Center, Song Select, Mediashout, or willingness to learn
- Leadership and collaboration in planning Worship services & guiding band practices
- Skilled vocal, instrumental, and band direction on Sundays. Neither showy nor shoddy on stage
- Fully engage with the Lead Pastor, Staff, & church family. Enjoy weekly Staff meeting / prayer.
- Fan others’ gifts into flame! Draw willing hearts into 1-2 annual Conferences (one Worship Conf.)
- Assist Tech, Sound, Lighting volunteers to train toward excellence (Lead Pastor will boost)
- Networking with thriving worship ministries, colleges, or trainers is a plus!
- Energy & ideas for Gospel outreach, including worship in new venues! Events, coffee shops, camps etc.
Salary Range: $40,000 – 54,000 + full benefits, commensurate with effectiveness & experience
DOES THIS FIT YOU?
Passion for Prayer Team Leader / Coordinator
Forgiven much / loves much Developer not just a Doer
Eyes for Design & Impact Quality Manager
Sense of humor Heart breaks for those far from God
PEEK at 25 on FBC PLAYLIST: Click here to listen!
Candidates should submit a single-page cover letter along with a resume.