Woodlawn Christian Church is seeking a full-time Worship Arts Minister to coordinate all aspects of music, services, and media. We are looking for a Worship Leader who has a servant’s heart and is passionate about ministry. This position would require someone to creatively arrange music and instruments, coordinate the flow of worship, and create and manage media (filming & editing photos and videos, manage social media & website).
Compensation to be determined based upon experience.
Applicants should send a resume and, if possible, a link to videos of their previously led worship experiences, to Amy Bliss’s email.
JOB OBJECTIVE: Coordinate and lead worship services that honor God and inspire spiritual growth and devotion to Him, supporting the overall mission of the church:
Transforming people into vibrant mature followers of Jesus Christ.
Worship Ministry Coordination (50%)
- Walk with the Lord in a life passionately devoted to God through worship.
- Create an environment of worship in services that facilitate transformation and mission.
- Vital, life-shaping worship is prayer-driven, Scripture-informed, and Spirit-filled.
- Worship services should celebrate what God is doing in and through His people.
- Primary focus is planning and leading dynamic worship designed primarily to engage younger generations and the unchurched, while also planning and leading a separate, more traditional service designed to engage older generations.
- Strengthen multi-generational and multi-cultural relationships forming one church family.
- Develop young musicians to support youth worship and weekend services.
- Engage and involve international members (Latinos, Africans, Chinese, etc.)
- Collaborate with the teaching team to creatively promote and present each message series.
- Design services that enhance the “bottom-line” (text/topic) of the day.
- Lead the worship team through prayer and practice in preparation for weekend services.
- Provide oversight, direction and assistance to the technical and media team.
- Coordinate all aspects of the production of weekend services (ushers, communion, announcements, music, videos, drama, stage design, graphics, slides, podcasts, etc.)
- Recruit, train, supervise and disciple worship ministry volunteers.
- Manage all music and video licensing, software and equipment.
- Develop and manage the worship budget.
Guest Services Coordination (20%)
- Coordinate the welcome and follow up processes for guests.
- Recruit and train guest services volunteers (Connection center, greeters, ushers, etc.)
- Communicate with the congregation to inspire an attitude of invitation and welcome.
Multimedia Coordination (20%)
- Film and edit videos for sermon bumpers, promotions, church events, etc.
- Provide oversight, directions, and assistance to the A/V team.
- Maintain and post content for church website.
- Coordinate, manage, and update social media communication.
Pastoral Care and Ministry Support (10%)
- Provide pastoral care for the worship and guest services volunteers and their families.
- Carry out ministry duties consistent with being on staff at Woodlawn (staff meetings, office hours, hospital visits, work as a team, promote a unified vision, etc.).
- Coordinate additional services (weddings, funerals, special services) as necessary.
RELATIONSHIPS AND ROLES:
- Serve under the direction of the Lead Minister and under the authority of the elders.
- Report to the Lead Minister.
- Supported by a capable office assistant, worship team, resources and equipment.
- Work alongside Woodlawn staff and ministries to carry out our relational discipleship mission.
- The position is full-time requiring at least 40 hours per week.
- The salary includes allowance for health care and housing.
- Will consider part-time for a qualified local candidate.
- Ability to lead all aspects of a worship service.
- Familiarity with photo and video editing software.
- Familiarity with lighting and filming.
- Familiarity with social media platforms.
- Experience in programming worship elements.
- Strong leadership and team-building skills.
- Comfortable with leading from on-stage and off-stage.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good personal relationship skills, particularly with volunteers.
- A heart for unity and a commitment to mutual submission.
- Ability to appreciate and execute a variety of worship styles.
- Prioritization skills and management to deadlines.
- Manage constant workflow and delegate when appropriate.
- Decision-making skills.
- Stewardship of time and talent to be responsible for all aspects of this role.
- Accepts Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and has been baptized into Him. (John 1:12; Mt. 10:32, 16:16; Acts 2:38)
- Has a good understanding of salvation by grace through faith. (Eph. 2:8-10; Col 2:9-12)
- Believes the Bible to be the Word of God. (2 Tim. 3:16)
- Demonstrates the fruit of a growing relationship with God through the Holy Spirit. (Gal. 5:22-26; 2 Peter 1:3-11; 3:17-18)