Grace Church (www.discovergrace.net) located in Camby, IN just 6 miles south west of Indianapolis, IN. Making disciples who make disciples in creative, relevant, biblical ways is our vision and strategy. A member of The Missionary Church denomination (mcusa.org) Grace Church is seeking to fill the full time Worship Arts Pastor position.
This position is an executive team level position with other pastoral responsibilities related to the giftedness of the individual. Over the years, Grace Church has been predominantly a Caucasian church. Recently, God has been bringing a number of internationals to us. We are seeking a worship leader who embraces different styles music that reflects an international vibe.
We Need a Jesus focused, Leader of Leaders, Collaborative, Team Based, People Empowering Person.
- Vision Caster and Overseer for the Worship Arts ministry. A leader who will develop and lead teams within the Worship Arts ministry including: band, vocal, media, tech, drama, and any other expressions of art form. (Specific role details and expectations are available upon request)
- Other pastoral duties as needed.
Experience: at least 3 years leading and shepherding a worship arts ministry within a church of 350 or more. This is not an entry-level position but one that requires both ministry and life experience.
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred.
- Proficiency in music, specifically in the areas of: charting, vocals and band development.
- Knowledgable and experience with different forms of media (video, website, etc), audio & visual tech.
- Lives out the Great commission practically.
- Has a track record of mobilizing, empowering, and leading teams.
- Manages household well: financially, if married, the relationship is strong and spouse supportive of ministry.
- Well-rounded, healthy lifestyle, understanding of the culture and church, with a heart for lost people and the processes of people developing into fully devoted disciples of Jesus Christ.
- Emotional Intelligence, a sense of humor, lover of people, and life long learner are all qualities that will fit well with leadership.
- A commitment to long-term ministry.
Where We are Headed…
Creating environments that help people encounter God, equipping them to take their next step so they can engage the culture is what we are about at Grace Church. Reaching people far from God and helping them grow to become reproducing disciples of Jesus is our heartbeat. We live in the 21st Century and how we reach and grow people needs to be relevant to the times and grounded in God’s timeless Word. Our worship is contemporary with full band and audiovisual components with the desire to expand diversity and creativity of all we do to effectively fulfill our vision.
If you meet these qualifications and wish to be considered, please provide the following:
- Cover letter stating why you feel you would be a fit at Grace Church.
- A one page summary of how you help people encounter God through the arts.
- Two video files leading worship.
Please send the email packet to [email protected]
Please, No phone calls or hard copy packets.