Renew Church LA is a multi-ethnic, urban, Spirit-filled, and gospel-centered church that is involved in impacting our city. We’re a 5-year old church plant that has grown rapidly in the last few years to 600 people on a Sunday morning. We are moving from a mid-sized to large-sized church and looking for experienced personnel who can add value to our teams as we transition our systems, processes, and infrastructure to match our growth and position us for the next season. We believe racial reconciliation and the work of justice are essential to the gospel.
The best fit for this role is someone who has 5 to 7 years experience in this field, a quick learner, a team player, and someone who takes initiative and gets things done. They have a strong work ethic and are highly motivated to see change takes place. They have a sense of humor, love Jesus and the Church, and are excited to be part of creating a healthy and thriving organizational culture.
The Worship & Creative Director is responsible for overseeing the entire creative catalogue for the church, its programs, and its environment. This person leads the Worship Team, including the worship team members, singers, projection, and A/V, in the weekly execution of our Sunday service, Prayer Night, and any other church events requiring worship. This individual will also create and launch a progressive variety of compelling media content, including videos, testimonials, worship streaming, and social media posts. The director will work closely with the Lead Pastor and Executive Pastor to establish and execute the church’s brand strategy. This person will also partner with the Lead Pastor to coordinate weekly worship content, including the Sermon Series, music selection, audio/visual technology, and web presence. This position requires a high level of passion, energy, creativity, and proven effectiveness. The director also has a complimentary scope of administrative duties related to the Planning Center, Sunday Slides, Equipment Inventory, and other worship related administration. They love beauty, have an eye for aesthetics, and are naturally creative.
Worship Service Leadership
- Under direction of the Lead Pastor, selects and produces all music, video, and multimedia content for Sunday services, online presence, and all other church functions.
- Regularly reviews and refreshes church’s online and social media presence.
- Produces and/or coordinates all graphic design for Worship service needs, including holiday, social, and ad hoc church events.
- Produces and delivers all video content, including Sermon and service videos and ad hoc projects.
- Operates or supports video projection for Sunday services and all other church functions.
- Develops and produces special creative content for church projects/events, including testimonials, films, and open mic functions.
- Ensures a high level of quality and consistency of Renew’s brand and creative experience across all ministry programs, communication, and physical spaces.
- Engineers and implements the vision for Renew’s creative brand with input from the Lead Pastor and Leadership Team.
- Administrate the creative planning systems that the church needs to be able to regularly produce creative content.
- Champions the spirit of creativity throughout all functions of the church. Leads the creative processes by which ideas flow from concept to execution.
- Leverages creative skills of membership and inspire others to share brilliant ideas, apply their unique skills, and participate in the creative ingenuity of the church.
- Drive the church’s commitment to telling compelling stories during services, education, and special events.
- Partners closely with Lead & Executive Pastor to develop, structure, and lead the tactical execution of Worship team goals and weekly rhythms.
- Organizes, trains, recruits, schedules and auditions performing and support volunteers for Sunday services and church events.
- Effectively manages the worship team budget in accordance with purchasing guidelines.
- Provides pastoral guidance Scripturally, in the fullness of the Spirit, and pastoral support to build up, coach, and minister to worship team members.
- Provides functional and spiritual oversight and accountability to the Worship Team members.
- Acts on behalf of the church in pastoral leadership for our members when needed.
- Performs various administrative duties related to the Worship Team.
- Supports other functional areas within the church as needed.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum of five years’ experience in music & worship direction, video production, and event management, preferably in a church/ministry setting.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent additional professional experience required. Degrees in music, production, or theology preferred.
- Hands-on experience in video production and editing, preferably with Adobe Premiere Pro or Final Cut Pro.
- Experience in project management and effective team management.
- Proficiency in graphic design using Adobe suites such as Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator, or experience working with and directing a graphic designer.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Ability to analyze and revise operating practices to improve operational efficiency.
- Detail oriented and motivated to work in a fast-paced growth environment.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Superior organization skills and dedication to completing projects in a timely manner.