Dolores Park Church is in need of a paid, part-time Worship Leader whose primary role is planning for, organizing, and leading worship during Sunday morning services.
– Skilled musician and vocalist with experience leading community worship services
– Openness to both traditional and contemporary worship
– Believer and follower of Jesus Christ
– Agreement with Evangelical Covenant Church Statement of Faith
Job Responsibilities and Expectations
– Lead in the planning of Sunday services and special services (e.g. Christmas Eve and Good Friday) with the collaboration of the Sr. Pastor and a worship ministry core group of musicians and vocalists
– Consistently lead corporate prayer and worship for Sunday morning service
– Coordinate logistics for each service with the sound booth volunteers regarding sound, video, and lyrical displays
– Organize rehearsal and service schedules for musicians and vocal teams
– Attend monthly staff meetings
– Use Planning Center and Proclaim Software to organize services (both are straight-forward to use)
– Participate in the life of the church as an active member
– Periodically collaborate with children’s team to coordinate musical aspects of their ministries
The ideal candidate has a deep relationship with Jesus Christ and is receptive to the Holy Spirit’s guidance. He/She is passionate about leading the community closer to Christ through worship. He/She is organized and plans for each service but is capable of adapting when there are unanticipated changes.
There is potential housing assistance.
If interested, please email a brief letter of introduction with your resume to. We will respond within a few days—please be patient as this effort is conducted by volunteers. Please don’t contact the church directly regarding this position—the church office is not involved.