The Director of Worship will provide vision, oversight, and leadership of all aspects of the music ministry at FBCL. This position is responsible for leading various volunteer teams. This is a part-time position and is available immediately.
The ideal candidate for this position will be passionate, strategic, and collaborative and brings several years of music ministry experience to this context. He or she is expected to be a skilled vocalist and pianist. He or she should have strong organizational and leadership skills and a vast musical knowledge of different styles. He or she should be theologically grounded and have the ability to lead both traditional and contemporary styles of worship.
Expectations and Responsibilities:
· Able to organize, lead and oversee all music within both English worship services.
· Recruit volunteer musicians for a growing ministry.
· Administration of scheduling musicians, songs, etc.
· Oversight of the Choir ministry, A/V ministry, band, etc.
· Provide implementation of the Elders’ vision for music within FBCL.
· Capacity to lead worship on a regular basis and train other leaders how to lead in his or her absence.
· Skilled musician vocally.
· Skilled musician instrumentally on piano.
· Ability to read sheet music, chord charts, lead sheets, choir scores, etc.
· Meets character qualifications according to 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 2.
· Experience working with people from diverse cultures.
· Associate Degree required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· At least 1-3 years of worship ministry leadership experience.
· At least 5+ years of worship ministry participation experience.
· Understands the details of ProPresenter, Planning Center, CCLI, Praise Charts, and other related software
· A growing Christian of high moral character.
· Willing to become an active member of First Baptist Church of Laurel.
· Spends time in prayer and Bible study on a daily basis.
· Applies the Gospel to all aspects of life.
Reports to: The Executive Director
Status: Part-time, approximately 15 hours per week
Compensation: $26 per hour
Interested Parties: Qualified candidates should submit, in addition to their resume, a one page cover letter describing your understanding of discipleship and being missional, the basis of your faith journey, comments on your personal devotional life, a recent photo or you (and/or family), and why you sense God is leading you to serve in Laurel, Maryland. Please also include any appropriate links that show your music ability, you leading worship, etc. All submissions should be sent by email.