Heritage Baptist Church in Lexington, KY is seeking a part-time Worship Director to lead our congregation in God-honoring praise. Our congregation tends toward a Reformed Baptist form in which we emphasize Scripturally saturated hymns, ancient and modern, done in both traditional and contemporary fashions.
- Be a professed and baptized believer in Jesus Christ
- Have a love for and knowledge of God’s Word
- Have an appreciation for Reformed Baptist theology and the doctrines of grace
- Be willing and qualified to join Heritage Baptist Church as a member
- Have gifts and talents needed to lead our worship ministry
- Have an appreciation for great hymns of the faith and a desire to stay up-to-date with new hymns
- Theological and/or music training or experience in leading a worship service is a plus
- Current Seminary or Bible College students are welcome to apply
Duties and Expectations:
- Lead our congregation in praise as part of our morning and evening Sunday worship services
- Select and arrange songs for the worship service based on the Scripture text of that service
- Lead members of the praise team
- The only hourly expectations surround the Sunday services, usually taking a couple of hours each for prep and the service itself, as well as any time necessary to prepare the songs during the week for Sunday
- Selecting and preparing songs may be done at your convenience throughout the week and may be done remotely, if necessary
- There are no expectations regarding office hours as we understand this position will likely be filled by a man who is bi-vocational or still in theological study/training.
Please send all resumes, inquiries, or questions to David Peterman Via email.