Job Purpose: To lead the worship ministry as we seek to fulfill the church’s vision: “Trusting God to multiply diverse communities of people, transformed for gospel living, and empowered for gospel ministry.”
Reports to – Lead Pastor
Relates closely with – Musicians, AV intern and AV volunteers, staff team
Worship Ministry Responsibilities:
- Work together with the Lead Pastor to create a gospel centered environment during the Sunday morning worship service. This includes song selection consistent with our vision and structuring the overall program.
- Work together with the music and AV teams to ensure the timely production of the weekly song sets for Sunday worship
- Recruit, train, and coach new musicians
- Participate in setup responsibilities on Sunday mornings
- Lead weekly Sunday morning rehearsals
- Attend bi-weekly coaching/mentoring meeting with lead pastor (attendance at staff meetings when possible)
- Create and submit an annual budget to support the work of this ministry
- Participate in a mid-year developmental review in order to get feedback on how you are doing
- Manage a worship ministry budget
- Tech ability – Basic knowledge of ProPresenter, Planning Center Online, and Ableton Live
- Prepare and edit all slides in ProPresenter
- Handle scheduling team members through Planning Center Online.
- Provide team members with communication and resources to prepare them for Sunday services.
- Set up of the hardware sound system (in ear monitors)
Anticipated hours: 12-20
Compensation: $15,000-$25,000 depending upon hours and responsibilities
How To Apply
How to apply: Submit your resume and a one-page cover letter describing your understanding of the ministry of worship. Please also include any appropriate links that show your music ability. All submissions should be sent by email.