As worship leader, you will develop and cultivate worship services and worship teams that help lead our congregation to see and savor the greatness of God, Jesus Christ, and the power of the Spirit. Fostering dynamic congregational worship, and developing a blended service.
- Planning our weekly Sunday worship service. Choosing songs that are Biblically sound, engages the congregation, and supports the preaching of God’s word.
- Recruiting, auditioning, and teaching musicians in the church to serve the congregation as a team.
- Leading weekly rehearsals that serve a dual purpose:
A.) Preparation for Sunday
B.) Cultivation of a Christ centered community
- Oversee the AV/Production team including our online services.
- Develop and administer an annual budget for the worship ministry.
- Assist in planning, implementing, and leading worship for special events outside of our weekly worship service.
- Oversee and develop our video announcements for our worship service.
- Attend staff meetings and participate in our planning and implementations of church programs that fulfill the vision of the church.
Even though our main focus for this position is worship, we are also looking for someone who can invest time in our Discipleship program.
This area of ministry mainly involves working with the Senior Minister to create, manage and execute the aspects of our church that makes disciples and encourages growth in our church members.
- Appraise, suggest, and develop our Adult Bible Study Groups.
- Recruit and train teachers for our Adult Bible Study Groups.
- To help coordinate our Connect Groups (small groups)
- To help lead our STEPS program*
- To develop and lead in a strategy to help guests feel welcomed, and to take the next step in getting connected with our church through Starting Point, Bible Studies and Connect Groups.
*STEPS is a group program here at OPCC that includes
S Starting Point
Other General Duties:
- Conduct at times weddings and funerals.
- Provide Bible counseling.
- Preach on a limited schedule.
- Provide pastoral care through visits at hospitals, care facilities, and homes when needed.
The candidate needs to have a deep and growing relationship with God. They will need to have a Christ honoring lifestyle marked by servanthood, generosity, joy and a love for the Word of God. They need to have a passion to guide others in their walk with God and to work effectively with key leaders.
To apply for the position, please send resume to the Church address (Elders at Orange Park Christian Church) or email us.