Reports to: Zachary Sloboda, Lead Pastor
Job Description The Worship Leader provides leadership for Sunday worship and assists the lead pastor with ministry and administrative responsibilities. This role is based on an average of 10 hours per week for a minimum of 1 year. They will work under the oversight of the Lead Pastor to ensure the mission and vision of the church is being accomplished.
Required Skills Competent musical ability for leading worship services. Competent technical ability for developing audio-visual service elements.
Role: The Worship Leader provides leadership for Sunday worship and assists the lead pastor
with ministry and administrative responsibilities. This role is based on an average of 10 hours
per week for a minimum of 1 year. They will work under the oversight of the Lead Pastor to
ensure the mission and vision of the church is being accomplished.
Note: Additional hours, ministry responsibilities, and compensation may be considered for the
● Sustains an active relationship with Jesus, prayer life, and study of God’s Word.
● Demonstrates spiritual maturity, humility, and wisdom
● Fully aligned with the mission and ministry strategy of the Lead Pastor
● Competent musical ability for leading worship services
● Competent technical ability for developing audio-visual service elements
● Faithful tither to Cornerstone Assembly
● Refrains from the use of alcohol
● Maintain theological position in agreement with the Pentecostal Assemblies of Canada
● Direct and lead Sunday morning worship
● Work with the tech team to develop technical production during the service, including sound, video, and live-stream elements
● Assist in leading and developing discipleship ministries including kids and groups
● Recruit, train, and develop individuals to lead effective ministry
● General administration responsibilities as needed in conjunction with the lead pastor
● Ensure all individuals and families are integrated into the church family
● Foster a spirit of teamwork, cooperation, and unity across all relationships and ministries within Cornerstone as well as with other local churches and organizations
● Personally invite unchurched people to Cornerstone
● Take a full Sabbath rest each week
● Minister to your family
● Consistently complete duties and responsibilities in a timely way
● Meets or exceeds goals established with the Lead Pastor
● Maintain a positive relational stance on all fronts
● Remain within budgets
● Contribute to a positive and effective staff team dynamic
● Effectively problem solve within the scope of this role
● Ongoing improvements and innovations within the scope of this role
Education Required Some theological training is preferred but not required. (diploma or degree)
Experience Required Proven ministry experience leading worship both alone and with a team.