We are prayerfully seeking a worship leader who has a passion for leading God’s people in corporate worship and who is able to bring together the theological strength of worship songs and hymns that will create and enrich the worship experience for all members of the congregation. We are confident that God has a special person for this position and our prayer is that God will reveal His will to that individual and also to our church.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Create biblical, engaging worship experiences for weekly worship services, special events, and community outreaches.
- Organize and lead all aspects of the worship music on Sunday mornings, Sunday nights, Wednesday nights, and practices.
- Recruit, develop, and mentor vocalists, choirs, and musicians to ensure that each service is presented in such a manner, and with the sole purpose, of honoring God and enhancing the worship experience.
- Facilitate all music accompaniments and media (audio/visual) needs for worship and ministry events.
- Oversee all music ministries of the church including special musical productions such as Easter and Christmas.
- Maintain a music library of all related materials including the purchase of music and other music-related items within the music budget constraints.
- Provide leadership and supervision of programs, musical and technical staff, equipment and other matters as needed and appropriate.
- Actively participate in the life and ministry of the church.
- Willingly accept other responsibilities as requested by the pastor.
- Have a clear testimony of Christian conversion.
- Be an active member of Cornerstone Baptist Church.
- Demonstrate an abiding life in Christ (spiritual, relational, and emotional maturity).
- Possess the talent and spiritual gifting needed to serve in this role (musical ability including reading music, organizational skills, and leadership ability to motivate and lead others).
- Be a servant leader who serves with a spirit of humility while seeking to serve the worship needs of the church.
- Be committed to the church’s vision, leadership, and people and adhere to its doctrines, bylaws, policies and procedures.
- Be in agreement with the Baptist Faith & Message 2000.
- Previous experience in worship leadership is preferred.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in music, worship, or a related area is preferred.
- Familiarity with technology related to congregational worship, such as Planning Center, SongSelect, CCLI, ProPresenter, etc. are desirable but not required.
- Have a broad knowledge of theologically-rich worship songs and hymns that will relate to all age groups.
- Be willing to submit to and pass background checks.
- Compensation will be based on experience, qualifications, and availability. There is the possibility of this being an expanded position and/or full-time in the future.