Under supervision of the Senior Pastor and oversight from the Session and Worship Committee, the Worship Leader is responsible for organizing and developing the church’s music ministry using a Biblical and Reformed approach to worship and leading the Worship Team. The primary focus of the Worship Leader is development and oversight of biblical, joyful, robust and excellent music for Sunday worship and special events. Our current Worship Team includes a volunteer Worship Leader, pianist, and volunteer musicians(vocalists,violinist,guitarist,and flautist).
Strong preference for experience in leading a church or ministry musically and a high degree of proficiency in an instrument sufficient to lead a music team,as well as being gifted vocally.
Work Environment/ Physical Demands:
This job operates in a professional, indoor environment and is primarily in the sanctuary. This role routinely uses standard musical equipment such as amplifiers, microphones, speakers, and soundboards. Physical demand level is medium as it requires standing and moving instruments and equipment with occasional lifting, bending, etc.
●Four Sundays off per year
●Expensesfor personal development seminars
●Funds for guest musicians
Minimal travel is expected for this position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
● Oversee all musical aspects of the weekly Sunday worship service:
o Select and arrange weekly worship sets–typically four songs per service in concert with pastors.
o Approach the worship of God in away that is culturally relevant, yet sensitive to the Reformed theological tradition.
o Direct music in weekly corporate worship.
o Coordinate the performance of this music.
o Encourage congregational singing.
● Maintain consistent and timely communication with the pastors and Worship Team.
● Manage Worship Team
o Oversee, fill and train a team of music volunteers, including soundboard
operators and disciple and mentor them as they serve through these gifts.
o Proactively recruit and develop congregational members for accompaniment.
o Organize and lead efficient weekly rehearsals of vocalists and musicians.
o Coordinate scripture readers for Sunday morning services.
o Periodically conduct training events to deepen the leadership abilities of worship team members.
● Develop and schedule special music opportunities, including soloists and children groups.
● Lead the church in worship for special programs such as Good Friday and Christmas Eve. Arrange for music at special programs such as the Fall Retreat, chili supper, funeral services, children’s programs, and/or seasonal services.
● Maintain music library and inventory of all musical equipment and instruments, working with Facilities Manager and Administrative Assistant to schedule repair and tuning as needed.
● Perform related administrative and technical duties, including overseeing sound system and on–line services, copyright compliance, etc.
● Attendance at weekly staff prayer/meeting is encouraged but not mandatory.
● Provide a qualified substitute for any services or practices when unavailable.
● Periodically attend professional development seminars.
Skills and Attributes:
● Strong profession of Christian faith and in support of Faith’s mission. The first priorities for any applicant area growing love for God, the Gospel, God’s Word, prayer, the Body of Christ, the Reformed theological tradition, and increasingly exhibiting the fruit of the Spirit.
● A humble, loving, and teachable spirit is imperative.
● A desire to lead God’s people in joyful, Biblically sound worship with passion and humility.
● Commit to being an active member of Faith Presbyterian Church, willing to submit to and be shepherded by the pastors and elders. Participation in a Gospel Community Group for spiritual and relational health is strongly encouraged.
● Strong leadership skills including public speaking, organizing teams, and
● Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills to effectively interact and build relationships with all levels of contacts including leadership, worship team, members, attendees, visitors, staff, etc.
● Self–motivated and able to function independently with minimal supervision while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other staff and ministries.
● Ability to thrive in a fast–paced environment with an upbeat, flexible, and positive attitude.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply, please email cover letter, resume and sample of worship to Nicole Parker’s email with “Worship Leader” as the subject of the email.
Application deadline closed.