Hope Fellowship Christian Reformed Church is a vibrant, welcoming, multi- generational congregation in Denver, CO. We are seeking a team member who will give direction and leadership to the worship ministries of our church as we seek to explore the intersection of historic and contemporary expressions of music and liturgy. We seek an individual who can help us cultivate a culture of worship that is grace-filled, Spirit-led, creative, and hospitable. We look forward to welcoming this individual as part of our team as we enter into an exciting new season of ministry.
• An active and growing faith in Jesus Christ
• A relational leader who works well in a collaborative, team environment
• A creative and skilled musician with strong vocal ability who can lead from guitar or piano
• Experience developing and recruiting musicians and teams
• Understanding of the Christian liturgical calendar and working within the framework of the Reformed tradition (or a willingness to learn)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Well-organized with attention to detail and high standards
• An appreciation for music from a variety of styles and generations
• Working knowledge of Media Shout, Planning Center, and sound systems is a plus
• 2 years of experience preferred
• Give vision and direction to the worship ministry at Hope Fellowship
• Plan and lead Sunday morning worship services
• Plan and lead special worship services when needed (Christmas, Holy Week, etc.)
• Select music and liturgy that is an appropriate balance of new and familiar
• Identify, recruit, and develop musically gifted members of the community (and beyond) to participate in worship
• Organize and lead rehearsals for band members; provide team members with songs, lyrics, and chord charts
• Meet with the co-pastors weekly to ensure that the various elements of the worship service are integrated
• Attend bi-monthly staff meetings
• Schedule and oversee volunteers for sound, Media Shout, and worship arts.
• Give the team a clear understanding of their role in leading God’s people in worship
• Communicate with worship team members in regard to schedules, expectations, and rehearsal times
• Delegate worship leadership during 6 Sundays off per year
• Other duties as assigned when necessary
• This position reports to the Interim Pastor.
• This is a part-time, salaried position (avg 20 hrs a week).
• Pay commensurate with experience.
To apply, with a cover letter, resume, and a video sample of you leading worship