LOCATION: Duncan, South Carolina (Spartanburg county)
The Worship Leader will model the purpose and mission of Impact Community Church to make an impact for Jesus in our community and to believe that the message of Jesus’ love has the power to impact a person for eternity. Our Worship Pastor will exemplify our core values to Love, Connect, Grow, and Go in helping people grow spiritually to be disciples of Jesus and make disciples of Jesus. Our Worship Leader will work closely with our Lead Pastor in planning and leading the congregation in worship and in helping us grow in the diversity that we find in our community.
The Worship Leader will:
- Have a vital walk with Jesus Christ evidenced by his faithfulness, passion, and grace.
- Have a clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing personal relationship with Him.
- Meet the I Timothy 3, Titus 1, and I Peter 5 qualifications for church leaders.
- Commit to Impact Community Church’s doctrine, vision, values, and beliefs.
- Have a team approach to ministry.
- Have experience in leading worship in a modern setting preferred.
- Be able to work without constant direction or supervision.
- Be proficient to lead worship both vocally and preferably with a guitar and/or keyboard.
- Be capable of developing and recruiting talent to worship team.
- Maintain general availability to Lead Pastor and worship band volunteers.
The Ideal Candidate will be:
- Above all, a person of maturing Christian character that puts others ahead of yourself.
- Naturally and skillfully able to bring people along in worship to participate. We are not searching for a “rockstar” individual contributor. We seek someone who is patient in introducing new songs and gracious in singing older contemporary songs and time-tested hymns. We desire our Worship Leader to lead us to the throne room of God each week through music.
- Great at talking through ideas and problems and good at receiving feedback and accountability.
- Good communication skills with the purpose of joining volunteers to a common goal.
- Good understanding of Planning Center and Pro-presenter, or the willingness to learn.
- Live within the church community.
Character is important:
This includes such things as self-discipline, no gossip, not moody, teamwork, integrity, purity, virtue, strong work ethic, loyalty, honesty, fearlessness, tenaciousness, and determination. You should be able to lead by example in your family and outside the church. You should exhibit the Fruit of the Spirit and be a person of prayer. Maintain boundaries and integrity with the opposite sex.
Reports to: Lead Pastor
- Worship Teams
- Technical and AV Team
Disclaimer: The above job and service descriptions are intended as a guide to describe the expectations of Impact Community Church for our Worship Leader.
Next steps to apply for Worship Leader of Impact Community Church
- Pray and seek God’s guidance
- Send your cover letter and resume with references
- Share your social media accounts
- Provide links to a few videos of you playing/leading worship