FBC Cedar Hill is searching for a full-time Worship & Media Minister. The ideal person will have experience leading an established, traditional church into a more blended style of worship. We are looking for someone with steadfast doctrine, love for people, servant-minded leadership, and ability to develop and create. Additionally, we are looking for someone with an ability to manage creative outlets and communications for church-wide.
As the Worship Leader (WL) you will lead the song service and grow the Worship Ministry at FBCCH. You will be directly accountable to the Senior Pastor and will possess an adaptable skill set and leadership capabilities which will provide for an effective and growing ministry. The WL
will develop the Worship Ministry to better connect with the varied cultural and age demographics of the church and community.
• Conduct yourself at all times and in all situations as a Christian holding strongly to the doctrines of our faith with a desire and willingness to teach them to others.
• Support the church with tithe and influence.
• Be discreet in all business transactions and in maintaining personal confidences.
• Be Spirit–led.
• Be people oriented with a minister’s heart for the church.
• Show initiative, diligence, and the ability to work independently.
• Maintain a good work ethic.
Primary Role: The primary role of the Worship Leader is to provide an engaging and meaningful
worship experience for all church services while coordinating this with the Pastor and other
staff and volunteers.
Employee Profile/Required Proficiencies:
• Doctrinal fidelity in music and life.
• Gifted musician.
• Effective recruiter of both paid and volunteer performers and support positions, building a strong team.
• Love for crafting worship experiences that create an atmosphere of worship that will bring about life–changing interactions.
• Passion for the creative and the detailed.
• Up–to–date on the latest trends and movements within the local church and adaptable to future changes.
Essential WL Duties and Responsibilities Include:
• Plan all regular Sunday worship services according to sound Biblical and logical principles of worship planning.
• Develop and expand the congregational repertoire for worship to provide for a comprehensive expression of the Christian faith through Psalms, Hymns, and Spiritual
• Provide pastoral care for all worship ministry, technology, and creative arts volunteers.
• Develop consistent standards of excellence in worship ministry areas.
• Establish communication systems with worship and tech team, including preparation, instructions, and strategies for effective rehearsals.
• Oversee the technical work of preparing the necessary items for services (preparing the sound, media, service streaming, and other audio/visual requirements).
• Request, through established channels, the resources needed to support music and audio/visual (time, space, equipment, finances, etc.).
Essential Media/Creative Duties and Responsibilities Include:
• Oversee the development and maintenance of the church’s website and social media sites.
• Provide leadership to the general communication efforts, seeking to streamline communication efforts and quality.
• Collaborate on sermon series, creative worship ideas, and stage design.
• Create or resource all graphics, motion backgrounds, videos, weekly handouts, social and web posts, and other graphical elements.
If interested in applying send an email with your resume and a video from a recent worship gathering you led.