The Associate Worship Minister of the Fairmount Christian Church will work toward the church’s mission achievement: Developing followers of Jesus who love God, love people, and introduce the world to Christ.
Specifically, the Associate Worship Minister will work toward mission achievement in overseeing ministries that directly apply to the worship and music ministries of the congregation, with special emphasis on ministries related to younger generations.
The Associate Worship Minister will work toward mission achievement through the church’s vision by …
• Developing and maintaining ministries that are Bible-centered.
• Developing and maintaining ministries that lead to growth.
• Developing and maintaining ministries that are community-focused and globally-minded.
• Developing and maintaining ministries that are dedicated to excellence.
This will include but is not limited to the following ministries:
- Sunday morning worship
- Modern service oversight and leadership
- Online worship
- Worship technology programming
- Special worship opportunities
- Creative arts endeavors
- Music and worship training
- Ministries related to young adults
• The Associate Worship Minister creates time for personal and corporate worship, Bible reading and study, prayer, and
personal spiritual development.
• The Associate Worship Minister will help create an atmosphere of worship by developing and training worship participants
and leaders – teenagers and older.
• The Associate Worship Minister will assist the church in achieving excellence in on-campus and online worship.
• The Associate Worship Minister works under the direct supervision of the Worship Minister. He/She will attend all staff meetings and Deacons Meetings and will provide information to the Worship Minister and Senior Minister as deemed necessary.
• The Associate Worship Minister serves with 100% integrity, including serving within the guidelines of the Personnel Manual and the limitations established by the Elders, overseen by the Senior Minister.
• The Associate Worship Minister will be involved in the general life of the congregation and will encourage other adults to do the same.
• The Associate Worship Minister will assist the staff in creating a culture of ministry to younger generations.
• The Associate Worship Minister maintains consistent communication with the Worship Minister, the Senior Minister, the staff, team leaders, volunteers, and the congregation at large.
• The Associate Worship Minister is a team player, participating in and assisting as needed in ministry areas not necessarily related to his responsibility.
The Senior Minister’s responsibility to the Associate Worship Minister:
• Pastoral and prayerful support.
• Appropriate compensation
• Annual vacation and personal/ministerial growth opportunities.
• Appropriate evaluation and goal-setting.