The Worship Pastor will lead the Worship and Creative Arts Ministry by setting a culture of worship, developing leaders to use their giftedness, and creating systems to organize and enhance the ministry.
Keys to Success:
- Has a relationship with Christ that is evident by a daily walk and displays a life of character, spiritual maturity, and wisdom.
- Sets an example for staff, congregation, and the community(s) we serve.
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic and leadership ability that effectively develops others for the work of ministry.
- Casts vision for worship ministry with the help of the elders, staff, and ministry leaders.
- Aligns with the message, mission, values, and strategy of the church.
- Completes work in a timely manner and with a spirit of excellence while requiring little supervision.
- Become a member of New Hope Christian Church.
- At least a four-year Bible college degree (preferably within the Restoration Movement).
- Previous ministry experience (preferably within Worship Ministry).Responsibilities:
1. Leading Worship – 40%
The primary responsibility for this role is to lead people in worship. This includes singing and other forms of worship as part of our communal, spiritual development.
2. Developing Teams – 25%
We value an Ephesians 4:11-13 model of creating teams wherein people use their gifts.
Collaborate with the Senior Pastor and Programming Team to curate the elements of the service to foster an environment of worship. Find creative ways to add connection, intentionality, and spiritual development into the services. Be available for prayer, pastoral care, and any other needs. Oversee the development or purchase of sermon series graphics and sermon bumpers. Recruit, train, and empower people to lead worship, sing, play instruments, AV, creativity, etc. Cast vision for each team, pastor the members, and lead them in both skill and spiritual growth. Lead photographers, videographers, and more to capture and promote ministry.
3. Technology – 25%
Technology includes oversight of AVL equipment as well as online streaming.
4. Ensure that our worship services are live streaming and engaging people online. Recruit, train, and empower volunteers for camera, production, online hosts, etc. Maintenance on equipment including: upgrade hardware and software as needed, onboard new technology, and ensure that volunteers are setup to smoothly run rehearsals and services. Take responsibility for the worship technology across campus (i.e. sound, lights, cameras, TV’s).
Personal and Professional Development – 10%
One of the most important aspects of leadership is self-leadership. This allows a pastor to lead from a solid foundation and out of the overflow of his heart and soul. Maintain a vibrant devotional life including Bible reading, prayer, and other spiritual disciplines. Read and study, network with associates and other area leaders, and attend conferences.
Follow a mentor, be rooted in community, and pour into others.