We’re looking for a worship pastor with a modern style, who also appreciates traditional songs and hymns. We are seeking someone who is musically excellent, but also understands the importance of organizational excellence. Most importantly, we desire to hire someone who has a pastoral heart and can lead people in worship of Jesus Christ.
The Worship Pastor will provide oversight and leadership in the implementation of music and creative arts at Edinbrook Church.
- Provide authentic leadership, relevance and excellence to all aspects of planning and performance of worship service(s).
- Cast vision and lead all aspects of planning and performance of worship service(s).
- Recruit, coach and foster healthy team community with gifted musicians and vocalists.
- Develop and schedule teams of instrumentalists, vocalists, and worship leaders.
- Organize and lead rehearsals.
- Communicate weekly with worship/production team.
- Generate a healthy culture and community among the worship team through communication, coaching and encouragement.
- Engage and respect multiple generations by balancing modern music with contemporary arrangements of traditional hymns.
- Participate in creative planning, ideation and problem solving for church services, special events and other church challenges.
- Plan, chart-out and lead worship for Edinbrook’s services on Sunday morning (generally 4-5 songs total).
- Oversee and give direction to worship-related staff and volunteers (sound, stage design, lighting).
- Help with holiday and outreach events (Christmas Eve, Good Friday, Easter, Thanksgiving, Rock the Block).
- Attend weekly meetings: Tuesday morning staff meeting and meetings with Lead Pastor.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Loves Jesus Christ and desires to connect people of all different walks of life and backgrounds to the heart of God through worship and other creative elements.
- Person of Character: Desires to live God’s way, loving all people. Understands that this is a position of influence and that others will look to them for leadership and inspiration.
- Understand and agree with Edinbrook’s Statement of Faith, Mission, Vision and Values.
- Actively participate in the life of the church family.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to implement ideas, plans and processes.
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail and an ability to receive instruction and direction.
- Familiar with Planning Center Online and the knowledge of/or willingness to use and learn Microsoft suite products such as: Word, Outlook, Teams, etc.
- Stay up to date with current trends in church creative arts.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
If interested in applying for the Worship Pastor position at Edinbrook, please send the following information to via email.
- Cover letter
- Links to video/audio recordings of previous experiences