Personal Spiritual Life:
- Cultivate a vibrant and active plan for your own personal spiritual formation with Jesus.
- Prioritize your relationships and roles with God, your spouse, and immediate family.
- Model the life and spiritual disciplines you desire for others in your ministry.
- Connect and participate in the life of the local faith community.
Worship Formation and Pastoral Presence
The Worship Pastor’s role is to lead the church in their theological and spiritual formation through the arts. This includes the pastoral care and development of your team including tech, musicians, and others related to the worship ministries.
- A ministry calling to leading Worship in the local church.
- Ability to sing with competent vocal skills.
- Competent in leadership, organizational and administrative skills.
- Works well with others through teams.
- Clear communication of artistic direction to band, vocal team and tech team.
- Warm relational presence with the ability to engage all generations.
- An appreciation for different worship styles.
- Competent in engage the congregation in worship.
- Competent in reading and creating musical arrangements.
- Familiar with teaching parts/harmonies to vocal team members.
- Prefer, but not necessary, the ability to play an instrument that can be used to lead in worship.
- Familiar with or willingness to learn to use in-ear monitors and Click/Multi-Track.
- Familiar with or ability to learn Pro-Presenter, Planning Center, Church Community Builder, Office 365
Expectations and Duties
Lead the church in their theological and spiritual formation through the arts.
Oversee planning, preparation and implementation of the weekly worship services in conjunction with other preachers and leaders. Including:
- Scheduling, coordination and rehearsals of worship band and vocal team.
- Work with tech team in the development of lighting, video, graphics, and audio to create a conducive atmosphere of worship.
- Coordinate other service elements in the worship service such as baptism, membership, child dedication, communion, guest speakers, etc.
- Develop new volunteers as musicians, leaders, tech, etc. Serve as a resource person with the traditional worship service team and choir.
- Develop the youth worship band as potential participants in the worship ministry.
- Plan an annual budget for the worship ministry in accordance with the financial policies of the church.
- Work with Tech Team to assist with audio needs and/or worship for weddings and funerals when needed.
- Manage musical instruments, computers and sound equipment used in worship.
- A Policy Handbook will be provided to answer many other staff related questions.
- Help with other general pastoral duties including evangelism, discipleship, shepherding of the church body, planning, special events.
- Meet with the lead pastor on a regular basis for communication, vision casting, planning and strategic direction.
- Participate with the pastoral staff team in long term and strategic planning.
- Support and be a team player with other staff and ministries within the church.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The salary is biweekly in addition to the use of the church parsonage.
Vacation is based on the recommendation of the Northwestern Ohio District Assembly.
Professional expense reimbursement will be provided as a set amount per budget year. This can be used for mileage reimbursement, professional expense items, resources, meals for meetings, etc.
Mt Sterling First Church of the Nazarene does not offer health insurance at this time. However, we pay competitively in order to help our staff have health insurance through the Affordable Care Act.