About This Role
The role of the Worship Pastor is to lead all aspects of the worship life within Real Life Church, which involves envisioning, equipping, and mobilizing the musical talents of volunteers. The Worship Pastor shepherds people in authentic worship through the experience of music and also assists in the creative efforts of the church.
Primary Responsibilities and Tasks of the Worship Pastor
1. Serve as the primary worship leader for Real Life Church.
2. Build, direct, coordinate, and develop the band.
3. Lead weekly rehearsals for the band and schedule team members.
4. Post chord charts, MP3s and other necessary elements for the band each week.
5. Participate in all production and creative meetings. This includes assisting in the overall
programming and execution of creative elements in the worship experience (i.e., props,
songs, video elements, etc.).
6. Assist with providing music at occasional services such as weddings, funerals, etc., or arrange
for others to do so.
7. Train or facilitate training for singers and instrumentalists.
8. Manage and maintain the musical instruments and music technology equipment, keeping up
to date with developments.
9. Manage the music budget in accordance with the financial policies of the church.
10. Build a library of music and support materials.
11. Pastor, coach, and care for all worship team volunteers, taking key leaders to other services, conferences, and meetings that will help equip them for the work of the ministry.
Strengths & Skillset
1. Passionate about bringing God’s people close to His heart in worship.
2. A good “team player” and team builder with experience in supervising, motivating and
3. Able to keep calm under pressure and respond in a measured way in stressful situations.
4. Conducts life with the utmost integrity in all situations.
5. Able to maintain confidentiality and discretion.
6. Proven organizational and administrative skills.
7. Able to set realistic goals and targets and be able to set a pace of work that is sustainable in
This position reports to the Lead Pastor.
This position relates to the pastoral leadership team and supervises about 20 worship team volunteers.
Sign in to Apply
Application closes: November 30, 2021