TheStone Church in Manchester, IA, is a church that is passionate about helping people know and grow in the love of Christ. They are in search of a dedicated Worship Pastor who will serve to lead the staff and execute the vision of the church. They are looking for a musically-gifted, spiritually-mature, biblically-grounded Christian to lead all worship ministries under the direction of the Senior Pastor. The ideal candidate has experience leading worship and shepherding worship teams at a church of about 400.
What you’ll be doing:
- Supporting and executing the vision of the Senior Pastor
- Managing, supervising, aligning, and leading everyday activities of the church staff and ministry departments
- Creating systems and processes that further the church’s ministry objectives
- Building and leading the planning of all the worship services and all music and tech ministries in the church
- Shepherding, training, managing, developing, recruiting, and caring for the volunteer worship teams
- Develop and oversee worship ministry annual budget
- Attend all church staff meetings and retreats
Skills you’ll need to have:
- 2 years experience leading worship in a similar church setting
- Significant skill as a vocalist and instrumentalist
- Should have experience leading and managing teams.
- Bachelor’s degree with some formal training is preferred
- Able to speak the truth in love and deal wisely with conflict amongst the staff and the broader church.
- Willingness to use technology to help the church further its ministry goals
- Ability to engage people of all generations in the ministry of the church
Manchester is a progressive rural community located between the large cities of Dubuque, Cedar Rapids, and Waterloo. They are mainly agriculturally based with a focus on education, families, and industry. Manchester has a small-town feel that is very community-driven. Family is important, and there are many different amenities for families to be engaged and build relationships. People here are hard-working and enjoy a slower pace of life. The White Water Park, Delaware County Fair, local State Park, and nearby Field of Dreams makes this a great place for people to visit but also raise a family.
Does this sound like the kind of culture you’d like to serve in? Start by sending in your resume and adding your profile here: