The Worship Pastor is responsible for overseeing the worship ministry of the church and its current multi-generational nature. This person will strive to lead in congregational worship gatherings as well as discipling members to understand worship as a lifestyle and have a Pastor’s heart for the Church, Scripture, and Worship. This role will also include other responsibilities that relate to first impressions, membership, assimilation and outreach.
List of Responsibilities
• Work with pastoral team and ministry leaders to learn the temperament of WCR in order to provide direction, strategy, and vision for an ongoing church-wide worship ministry
• Serve as worship leader working with the Lead Pastor on a weekly basis related to worship planning for regularly scheduled worship activities
• Provide direction and vision for an ongoing church-wide worship ministry
• Recruit and equip appropriately gifted people for participation in all facets of the worship ministry. This includes technical support and being responsible for all necessary communication to ministry participants (worship teams, tech team, etc.)
• Plan and implement special worship events in coordination with the overall objectives of the church
• Plan for, submit, and oversee the annual budget related to worship and tech ministries
• Participate in staff meetings, annual planning meetings, and other special meetings as required
• Participate in and visibly support church-wide efforts in fulfilling the requirements of the Great Commission through WCR’s Missions strategy
• To engage and enlist members of WCR to actively participate in WCR’s mission’s strategy (local and abroad)
• Oversee First Impressions Ministry
• Work with pastoral team in providing, leading and implementing an intentional plan to make disciples of Jesus Christ through a discipleship strategy (Sunday school/small groups/etc.)
• To assimilate new members into discipleship/outreach opportunities and service within the church and in the community; assessing spiritual gifts in this process should be a priority.
• To provide pastoral care and guidance as necessary in a pastoral role of this type.
• Perform all other duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor
– He must believe the Bible to be the inspired, inerrant, and authoritative Word of God, and that Jesus is the only way by which man can be saved
– He must be a supporter of the SBC and agree with the Baptist Faith and Message 2000
– His life must exhibit the Biblical qualities and characteristics of a pastor found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:6-8, etc.
– Must have previous experience leading corporate worship/organizing rehearsals/etc.
– Have a track record of active involvement in a local Body of believers of like faith and message
– Have a history of being a team player with strong interpersonal skills
– Committed to Exposition of Scripture
– Biblical Education
Wake Cross Roads Baptist Church (WCR) was organized in 1789. The church has always focused on reaching the community with the gospel of Jesus Christ. From its inception, WCR has a strong legacy of expositional preaching, teaching, and sound doctrine. We are affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention and the Baptist State Convention of NC.
Over the last decade, WCR has expanded its facilities and ministry opportunities to position itself to reach a growing community that has exploded in growth over the last 20 years. Our current average weekly worship attendance is 400. The opportunities for growth at WCR are immense and there is much energy and desire to see our church reach the lost and unchurched in our area. Currently, WCR is taking the steps to build a solid pastoral team that will lead us as His church for years to come in the future.
If you are passionate about serving His church and making disciples, think you have the necessary training and skills, and feel led to apply, please provide a resume and any media/video of you leading worship, and apply online.