First Baptist Church of Flushing is a multiethnic church with English, Chinese and Spanish language ministry in one church of approximately 800 members. We are on the verge of completing a multi-million dollar upgrade to our facilities that will greatly expand our ministry capabilities. We exist at the center of one of the most diverse urban center in the world, Queens, NY. Our church is surrounded by numerous universities, high schools and middle schools, filled with students who need to know Christ. Currently, we are seeking a full-time youth minister.
1. A genuine follow of Christ who is growing in the qualifications found in I Tim 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9
2. Teachable and coachable spirit
3. Loves spending time with teenagers from diverse backgrounds
4. Able to work collaboratively with a team of youth leaders for effective youth ministry
5. Able to provide for the spiritual growth of middle and high school teenagers from diverse backgrounds
6. Some experience with youth or college ministry is strongly desired.
1. Create a warm, welcoming, and uplifting environment at the Friday night youth group.
2. Minister to teenagers from various cultural, ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds.
3. Provide relevant biblical teaching at the Friday night youth group, a weekly growth group, and at the Senior High Sunday morning Bible Study. Lead a youth baptism class as needed.
4. Recruit and encourage student and adult youth leaders from within First Baptist Church.
5. Coordinate at least one youth retreat and one missionary trip each year.
6. Attend the weekly pastoral staff meeting and the monthly English congregation co-workers meeting.
7. Participate as requested in the Sunday morning adult worship services.
Salary and compensation:
Compensation will be commensurate with background, education and experience.
Medical and dental benefits.
Time and financial subsidy will be provided to enroll in a theological master’s degree program.
Please send cover letter, resume, and a brief statement of faith