The Youth and Family Enrichment Minister position is one that will serve as a primary overseer, leader and communicator of the student ministries at First Baptist Church Kingston. While all ministries function within the framework of the larger church vision, this position will seek to creatively implement that vision in a relevant and effective manner to Middle School and High School students and their families. The individual that assumes this role will commit to it long term, to successfully fulfill and exceed each expectation of the position. The long range goal is to create a discipleship plan from birth to adulthood so this person must be a team player that will help strategize, develop, implement and oversee a holistic discipleship strategy that celebrates spiritual, physical, and developmental milestones.
The successful candidate for this role will be a ‘ministry architect’, with capabilities to strategize and maximize the potential of the student ministries of First Baptist Kingston. They will bring forth both structural stability and cultural distinction to each ministry component, with an emphasis on multiplying, recruiting, and developing staff and volunteer leaders for the ministry.
This individual must first and foremost demonstrate a passion for reaching the next generation and leading students and their families toward an authentic relationship with Jesus. The successful candidate will be an experienced Youth Minister with a high degree of maturity in both spiritual and intellectual capacities. This person will be both strategic and interpersonal, love families, plus will possess a self-starting spirit with a strong desire to nurture, expand, and maximize the potential of the next generation at First Baptist Church Kingston.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
· Lead and coordinate youth activities for grades 6 through 12 that create multiple avenues of entrance into the youth groups. These include Sunday and Wednesday evening programming, core groups, small groups, mission trips, retreats, service opportunities and other special events.
· Build impactful and trusted relationships with volunteers and parents – train, equip and encourage them to minister and disciple students.
· Responsible, in cooperation with other adult leaders, for developing and implementing strategies for evangelistic outreach to non-churched students in the community and to re-engage inactive members.
· Be an active presence in local schools scheduling periodic visits to interact with students at school.
· Reports to the Pastor and functions as a member of the pastoral staff performing baptism services, weddings, funerals, worship services, as needed.
· Assist in the development of an annual budget for youth ministries and management of the assigned budget.
· Design, plan, and conduct periodic youth parent meetings to engage and update families of youth attending
· Provide pastoral care to youth and families.
· Perform other duties as assigned by the church
· The preferred candidate would have some graduate theological education, but with a minimum of an Associates degree in a relevant field and experience working at least three years in student ministry.
· Theologically sound and agree with the Baptist Faith and Message as adopted by the Southern Baptist Convention, June 14, 2000.
· Possess excellent administrative and organizational skills that include; verbal/written communication, computer, and proven teamwork skills.
· The preferred candidate would be married, faithfully loving his wife and children.
While not explicitly related to the job, everyone on staff at KFBC has some personal responsibilities.
· Maintain God-ordained priorities in your life by putting Jesus Christ first, your spouse second, your children third, and the ministry fourth.
· Be loyal to the vision and staff of KFBC and always protect the unity of the church.
· Demonstrate a Christ-like attitude through interactions with congregation, staff, and volunteers.
· Invest in and invite the lost to know Jesus and come to KFBC.
1) Salary, depending upon experience and qualifications, of approximately $50,000 per year.
2) Two weeks of paid vacation for the first four years.
3) One week a year of paid sick leave.
4) Eleven paid holidays per year.
5) Retirement paid by the church.
6) Health and dental insurance – the church pays eighty percent.