Youth Pastor Minimum Qualifications
1. A committed personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
2. A passionate soul winner that knows he is called by God to youth/college ministry.
3. Minimum Required: A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant ministry field;
4. Preferred Requirement: A Master’s degree (or nearing completion of) from a Southern Baptist (or theologically conservative) Seminary.
5. Must agree with and be knowledgeable of the Baptist Faith and Message.
6. Must be willing to continue education through conferences, training events, etc.
7. Minimum Required: Three years youth ministry experience leading a youth group of 20 or more students;
8. Preferred Requirement: Three to five years of youth ministry experience leading a youth group of 40 or more students.
9. A married man (not previously divorced), with a wife willing to come alongside to do team ministry.
10. Age: Desired age will be 25-35 (although we will take into consideration other ages)
11. Must believe that the Bible is the inspired, infallible, inerrant, authoritative, and sufficient Word of God.
12. Must be willing to minister and function under the leadership of the Senior Pastor, as well as learn, support and adhere to the bi-laws of the First Baptist Church Eau Gallie.
13. Must be a text-driven (i.e., expositional) teacher and effective communicator of biblical truth.
14. Must relate to and with all youth (e.g., athletes, musicians, etc.) and youth families, regardless of demographics (e.g., home-school, private and public-school families).
15. Must possess strong leadership, organizational and time management skills.
16. Must have and articulate a vision to grow the youth ministry to the potential of our community.
17. Must possess a strong work ethic, with a willingness to work cohesively with other staff members.
18. Must be willing to take the students to Summer/Winter Camps. Our church has developed a strong relationship with SWO (Snowbird Wilderness Outfitters) over the past 4 years and the students and adults love this camp. (It’s in Andrews, North Carolina.)
19. Lead and coordinate youth ministry fundraisers, D-NOW weekends, recreational events, and more.
20. Willing to teach Apologetics and Discipleship centered Bible studies/curriculum.
21. Lead and work with Youth Ministry Team members on a consistent basis.
When replying to the e-mail address below please include the following:
1. Current resume.
2. A personal introduction video (3-5 minutes) that must include the following:
3. Introduction of yourself, wife, and children (if applicable);
4. The candidate and wife’s conversion testimonies; (can be brief)
5. A brief overview of your beliefs on the Person of God (i.e., theology proper), the Word of God (i.e., bibliology), and the Work of God (i.e., soteriology); and
6. State with specificity why you believe God is calling you and your family to First Baptist Church of Eau Gallie.
7. Links or uploaded videos (a minimum of 2 videos of recent teaching). (This can be done at a later date if you don’t have anything recorded at the moment)
8. If you are selected to move on to further interviews, we will send you a questionnaire to dig a little deeper into the specifics of your ministry calling, vision, beliefs, etc.
Resumes will be accepted until January 31, 2022 although the search team will be going through them upon arrival.
Base Salary: TBA (Can break into housing Allowance / Salary if ordained)
Social Security Assistance: TBA
Health Insurance: Through Marketplace (Reimbursement plan)