Evergreen Ministries in Hudsonville, Mich., is looking for a passionate follower of Jesus to join our staff team. The Youth Director builds relationships with 7th to 12th grade students, partners with parents, and empowers small group leaders to help students live God’s story.
- Reports to: Lead Pastor
- Hours: Full-time – 40 hours/week (also available as two part-time positions)
Roles & Responsibilities
Sunday Night Youth Group
- Create and teach Jesus-centered curriculum addressing the relevant questions and struggles of students.
- Recruit and equip small group leaders to connect with students on a deeper level as they apply weekly teachings.
- Develop meaningful relationships with students through a wide variety of activities that stimulate social and spiritual growth.
- Incorporate spiritual disciplines into regular and special programming.
- Meet with students outside of Sunday night to support them in their journey of faith.
- Coordinate special events, such as service projects, retreats, and the summer mission trip.
- Oversee curriculum and mentorship of Profession of Faith process.
Collaboration & Communication
- Collaborate with staff to further Christ’s mission at Evergreen.
- Meet regularly with small group leaders to check in, plan, and offer support.
- Welcome visiting families on Sunday mornings and invite students to youth ministry.
- Enforce Evergreen’s Child Protection Policy and Safe Church practices.
- Love for Jesus Christ coupled with love for students
- Personal commitment to spiritual disciplines and emotional health
- Growing knowledge of faith formation and social development in high school students
- Competence in carrying out administrative tasks required for effective ministry
- Willingness to work as a team player within a collaborative environment
- Willingness to gain additional knowledge and skills to improve the ministry
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or 2 to 4 years of experience working in youth ministry preferred
To apply, please submit a resume by email.