ABOUT FIRST CHURCH
First Church, a dynamic multisite church of 1400, is seeking a youth leader who is radically committed to building a thriving youth ministry with multiple on-ramps and excellent generational transitions. The First Church team is united in their focus of reaching future generations and excited to add this critical new role. In 2020, Outreach 100 recognized First Church as one of the fastest growing churches in the US.
The two campuses of First Church are located about 20 minutes apart. Both campuses are located in what many describe as perfect locations. The towns of Wheatfield and Hebron are small and relational, where people know their neighbors and feel safe. A 30-minute drive from Wheatfield or Hebron will take you to the midsize cities of Crown Point or Valparaiso, and just over an hour away is Chicago. Website: first.church.
For additional details check out www.rukesgroup.com/jobs
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Generation After Generation Becoming Fully Devoted Followers of Jesus.
Wild Success is: Thriving Youth Ministry, Excellent Generational Transitions and On-ramps, Heart for our House
- Thriving Youth Ministry looks like:
- 15% of weekend attendance is youth.
- 15% of weekend attendance are students at Tuesday and Wednesday night gatherings
- 20% of students attending Tuesday and Wednesday night professing Christ annually
- 33% of students participating in summer trips
- Students who beg parents to come back to church
- Vision focused passionate volunteers who are empowered and engaged with students
- Varsity and JV Leadership Teams are lifted up and discipled
- Upwards basketball a healthy pipeline of new students with over 500 students participating
- Excellent Generational Transitions and Onramps look like:
- Students involved in teaching younger kids
- Students volunteering in every area on Sunday
- 75% of students (who have professed faith in Christ) continuing to follow Christ at a local church two years after graduation
- Students passionate about First Church’s vision and mission
- Kick Start Class organized and effective (14% of church attendance total per year)
- Absentee and first time phone calls excellent and effective
- Heart for our house looks like:
- Support and submission to the Senior Pastor and Leadership Team
- Joyful willingness to serve Jesus in any capacity that is asked
- Respect and honor for those above beside and below
- Actively working to build the reputation of church and co-workers and leaders.
- Disagreements handled biblically
- Teach on Sundays on mission 2-3 times a year
“If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it; but if I didn’t love others, I would have gained nothing.” (1 Cor. 13:3)