Experience- Ordained is a plus, but not required with at least 3-5 years experience
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Qualifications and Position Requirements:
- One who exhibits a personal and growing relationship with God, a teachable spirit, and a healthy family lif
- One who possesses a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a related field (masters preferred), experience in senior high youth ministry, basic administrative skills, and a personal spiritual life congruent with biblical mandates for leaders (1 Timothy 3:1-7).
- One who is capable of creating and executing a long-term vision for Westtown’s youth ministry.
- One who is gifted and is called to youth ministry, loves young people, and has a passion for evangelism and discipleship, both personally and at the ministry level.
- An engaging teacher, with a strong biblical and theological background, who is in agreement with Westminster Confession of
- A self-motivated leader, capable of casting and imparting vision for ministry, possessing relational skills with students, parents, and staff.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and organize effective youth programs implementing fellowship, worship, biblical teaching, discipleship, and evangelism, as well as ministry and mission opportunities.
- Recruit, train and shepherd paid (assistant Youth Director) and volunteer youth staff with diverse gifts and personalities.
- Provide counseling and spiritual direction to youth on an individual basis as
- Maintain contact with students and parents, keeping them informed of ongoing activities. Keep parents updated on ministry strategies and plans in a way that encourages partnership and involvement.
- Support Westtown parents in effectively fulfilling their Christian parenting roles, in concert with other pastoral staff.
- Assist in the development and oversight of the youth ministry budget; also manage student fees for events and trips in a timely
- Seek to integrate youth ministry into all phases of church life to create a culture that is intentionally intergenerational, striving to unite with and complement other church ministries.
- Participate as needed or requested in the evaluation and development of the overall church ministry.
- Other duties as