The vision is to lead children, youth and families into a transforming relationship with Jesus and into an authentic community with each other. They will extend to families a welcoming partnership and provide for a safe and supportive environment to learn and experience the
love of Jesus Christ. A primary focus will be team building.
Reports to: Senior Pastor
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Provide overall leadership to Family Ministries, including, children, youth & young families
○ Nurture leadership teams to minister to children, youth and families of SYV ○ Develop ministry opportunities for families consistent with the outreach vision of the SYVPC
○ Incorporate youth and families into the life of the church
○ Organize special campus events that draw young families for fun & fellowship ○ Intentionally reach out to families of MOPS and SYV Preschool focusing on the vision stated above
○ Work closely with the Children’s Ministry Director regarding family ministries
○ Oversee the Tuesday night Lighthouse for junior and senior high students, including games, worship, programming and message
○ Keep parents (& youth) updated on ministry strategies and plans in a way that encourages partnership and involvement
○ Encourage and oversee small group Bible studies with key students
○ Organize and participate in mission/faith based trips for youth and families
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
○ Demonstrated maturity and a growing faith in Jesus Christ
○ Personally embrace the vision, reformed theology and values of SYVPC
○ Relational team player who demonstrates humility, kindness, trust and confidentiality
○ Excellent verbal and written communication skills
○ Ability to mentor children, youth and parents
○ 5-7 years’ experience in leadership of children, youth, or family ministry ○ Master’s degree preferred in a relevant field of study with a willingness for further training
○ Skilled at facilitating, training, and coaching groups; designing, establishing, and administering new programs; planning and coordinating events.
Please submit inquiries, resumes’ and applications via email.